Mephisto???

Valtiel

Child of Metal
Mar 2, 2005
Myrtle Beach, SC
Anyone who has read the biography section on the official Opeth website should know it, so where can I hear this band that Akerfeldt loved so much???...

They're called Mefisto and they were a Swedish death metal band that did 2 demos in 1986 and we're on the verge of signing a deal when they split up. Anyways, for me they're as influential for me as Bathory and Nihilist/Entombed when talking Swedish death. Both demos got a relase on Lp and Cd a couple of years ago. Demos are impossible to find (I have them of course), they're called "Megalomania" and "The puzzle" and the last especially is fantastic!

Mike

ah, Mefisto... There was also a couple other metal bands named "Mephisto", which only had some demos, or short lived careers, and to my knowledge werent very good.

I must say i still prefer entombed/dismember to Mefisto, but it is also an overlooked band when it comes to classic swedish death metal. Anyone have any original Vinyls of Mefisto, let me know, im looking for them...as well as a few other swedish death titles...i should post a want list on here actually.

i played bass in Mefisto. i can get you the demos. i can get you a toe also, if youre interested.

I want Mikael's toe.. it has been very influencial for me, so like everyone else, I shall go out and buy whatever it is that is so influencial to me even if it costs a lot...

So Mikael, how does $300 sound for your human toe? You aren't using it, you could just have it surgically removed, and mail it to me and I could mail you the money. :D