Mercuriall TSC vs TSE 808 Test

Wyldechyld

Jordan Guthrie
Jan 22, 2011
Oklahoma, US
Hey guys! I made a quick comparison video of Mercuriall's TSC and the TSE 808 pedal sims. After using the TSE 808 for years, it's refreshing to have another free option that's just as good. Have any of you tried it out yet?

Cheers!

Nice comparison. What about this?

Capture_zpsboyt7n0j.png

Honestly, I think that we already have enough free and paid emulations of the tubescreamer, haven't we? No disrespect to the developers who put time and efford in it. But please, instead of giving us the 112th tubescreamer emulation, give us something different...

HM-2

...and there would be no need to give it away for free.

Honestly, I think that we already have enough free and paid emulations of the tubescreamer, haven't we? No disrespect to the developers who put time and efford in it. But please, instead of giving us the 112th tubescreamer emulation, give us something different...

HM-2

...and there would be no need to give it away for free.

Well I don't own a plug-in company, but I think free VSTs is a good way to bring the attention of potential customers to your paid products.

And, of course, to interest the maximum amount of people, your freebies should interest the maximum amount of people, hence a TubeScreamer. Not sure an HM-2 would interest the same amount....

So ya, just trying to figure out a logical explanation as to why there are so many free Tube Screamer VSTs.

Reactions: ViTAR
Well I don't own a plug-in company, but I think free VSTs is a good way to bring the attention of potential customers to your paid products.

And, of course, to interest the maximum amount of people, your freebies should interest the maximum amount of people, hence a TubeScreamer. Not sure an HM-2 would interest the same amount....

So ya, just trying to figure out a logical explanation as to why there are so many free Tube Screamer VSTs.

Why would a developer try to draw attention to his company with a product that every other company already has? Wouldn't it make much more sense to choose a product that lets his company stand out from its competitors?

Why would a developer try to draw attention to his company with a product that every other company already has? Wouldn't it make much more sense to choose a product that lets his company stand out from its competitors?

Well, again, I'm just speculating... in no mean am I disagreeing with you. But, my point was in the amount of potential customers you want to reel in. Just meant that, I guess, your targeted customer population is probably larger when it comes to a 808 overdrive than the Boss pedal.

But on a side note, aren't all the free plugins more after the TS9 and not the 808?

But on a side note, aren't all the free plugins more after the TS9 and not the 808?

I can't speak for the other plugins/developers, but the TSE808 is modeled after the Maxxon OD808, this unit uses op-amps instead of transistors in its input/output buffer stages and that might be the biggest difference compared to other Tube Screamers