Mesa MKIV

yeah, I have fat pulled, treb and mids high (treb on 7-8, mids on 7) and Bass around 2-3. bright and presence pushed in. then reducing some mids on the graphic EQ (750Hz) later on. I'm not using the typical V shape though, cause I rather have the presence dialed up and decrease the highs in the post EQ a bit...
the mkIV has plenty of gain...definitely enough for modern metal, and it sounds cool w/o a TS also.

there was this great boogie page somewhere (not an official one) with all the great info on all the recto revisions etc...unfortunately I can't find it anymore.....does anyone have the link?

53Crëw;8424783 said:
IMHO - the MkIV doesn't really need a TS in front because the tone controls are at the front end and it already has plenty of mids.

This is probably the link your referring to, Lasse.

http://www.theboogiearchives.com/

ah, thanks, that was it...bookmarked ;)
that page had so much potential, a pity is has'n been continued....I also thought I'd find more info about the mk4 on there

ah, thanks, that was it...bookmarked ;)
that page had so much potential, a pity is has'n been continued....I also thought I'd find more info about the mk4 on there

Yeah, the dude is on the boogie board pretty regularly (I became a member there recently) and has promised updates, at least about the Rectifiers!

yep, it's got a 12at7 in v4....well, it had..I put a 12ax7 in there and it worked fine also. (one of the triodes is used for the reverb and one as a gain stage for the lead channel, so I thought with a 12axt I could get a little thicker gain.)

Lasse, that's true for the Rev B MkIV. But in the Rev A version both sides of V4 are only used for the reverb and V3 does all the lead channel gain stages.

53Crëw;8425276 said:
Lasse, that's true for the Rev B MkIV. But in the Rev A version both sides of V4 are only used for the reverb and V3 does all the lead channel gain stages.

great, thanks.
that sounds liike the rev A and B are indeed quite different.
LoG are playing Rev B I guess? so mine will sound different anyway ;)

do you have an old Rev A manual or a link to one? I only found the RevB on the boogie page

Yeah, the dude is on the boogie board pretty regularly (I became a member there recently) and has promised updates, at least about the Rectifiers!

cool. tell him I've got a Rev F (march '93 I think, small logo, serial loop, attacked cord, ser# 16xx) that has the "18, 8, 4, 4 Ohm" output configuration of the much later revG ;) something for his section "anomalies" I guess