Message for the fans!

Oct 26, 2004
Denmark
Hey Pyrawarriors!
Time truly flies, and I realize it's been a long time since I've posted any real news or updates about Pyramaze. Well, let me start by saying that Pyramaze is still around, and the long silence does not mean that we have pulled the plug or split up -although many bands in our situation might have done so long ago…. More about that later. First let me say that we truly appreciate your fan mails, your guest book messages and your continues support. Thank you! Now I think it's time for some updates. Pyramaze has had many ups and downs during 2008/2009. We've had the honour of working with Matt Barlow who has become a good friend, our latest album Immortal has sold really well, and we've toured Denmark with Volbeat exposing us to a large and broad audience. We have gained many new fans and have been featured in large metal publications particularly in Europe, which has been very good for our publicity. These were some of the good things.

But Pyramaze has also been experiencing rough seas, which have slowed down many things considerably. As all of you know Matt decided to go back to Iced Earth back in 2008 (the positive outcome from this was getting Urban breed onboard, and we are very happy about that) but it's no secret that originally the plan was for Matt to stay in the band. Matt's decision caused many promoters and publications to question our future - and who can blame them. But with Urban breed onboard the vocalist quality of Pyramaze is definitely still there 110 percent! Our tour with Volbeat also ended less than desirable - because we had to cancel the last shows due to an illness of Michael Poulsen of Volbeat. Ergo we could not get paid and we could not sell any merchandise which should have covered our touring expenses. That deficit has left it's mark on the band-account for sure. Last but not least our record label has gone bankrupt a couple of months back and they owe us a big pile of money for Immortal which we will probably never see. Money that should have helped cover our tour deficit and recording expenses. I've been struggling with the owner of our "former" record label for a long time to try and make arrangements and get our money, but it's like banging a fist into a brick wall. So the joy of making music and being creative has been overclouded by business issues and money problems. I'm not going to bore you with details, but let me just say that dealing with all of that crap has taken too much of my energy and my time.

Mind you all of this is still something that I have had to deal with in my spare time. As most of you know Pyramaze is a working class metal band. This means I have a normal job 40 hours a week, and when I get home it's time to be a husband and a father -which I truly love and will not put aside for anything. I hope this can put the "time flies" remark a bit in perspective, and all of this has slowed down the song writing process a lot. And I'm not the only busy guy in the band. Most of my band brothers have tons of stuff going on private and job-wise. But this does not mean that we have given up on Pyramaze. It just means that things take a lot longer than they used to. I do work on new material -but I do so when I feel like it, and I will take my time. Good art can not be rushed, and I think we have a lot of expectations to live up to. So to all of you faithful fans - you will hear more great metal from Pyramaze, but I can not promise any deadlines of any sort. When we are ready we are ready, and you will be the first to know. There are great songs yet to be sung, and great stories yet to be told! With these words i wish you a beautiful December, a merry Christmas and a happy New year. Cheers!! Michael Kammeyer & Pyramaze

I truly appreciate the candid, heartfelt message. I have always felt a special place for Pyramaze as a band that has never been replicated by any other. I know a lot of groups care about their fans, and appreciate their devotion and support, but I feel Pyramaze does so on a whole different, more personal level. I would be crushed if we didn't hear more from you guys, but I think it is also good for you to know that you have given me three albums that I will cherish forever. As far as I am concerned, take your time, make it special, and I can speak for a lot of us when I say that we'll all still be here whenever the new tunes come. Thanks for the update! I can't wait to hear the new material!

Thanks for the update Michael. Its been a BAD year for record labels all over the place (who would have thought SPV would declare bankruptcy????), so I fully understand your situation. Never to fear though, the fans will remain vigil and ever loyal. I guess thats the greatest thing about metal, we're all family and we all "get it". And if for some reason this awesome roller-coaster of a ride ends prematurely, I'll be the first to say that it's been an honor to be a fan, friend and supporter. It's been awesome watching this little band from the Danish countryside come up through the ranks, putting out two stellar albums with Lance; bringing the LEGENDARY Matt Barlow out of retirement and putting out one of the best metal albums of the new millennium in Immortal, and now, aligning yourselves with Urban breed and making your mark on the metal community. Here's to another three glorious albums!

Thanks for your words, have a nice Xmas and a Happy New Year as well.
It doesn't matter how long it takes, you know, Pyramaze fans are patient.
Make a good album, that's the only thing that counts...in the end.

Thanks for the words Mike. I feel you and the band are true artists and artists create no matter what, even if its just for personal satisfaction. You must always remember though, that your fans will always be there, willing and fortunate to share and support your art / creations...your music!

Its unfortunate that a hard-working honest band has to go through some of the bullshit that Pyramaze has. I truly hope that it does not hault too much or end any future releases from the band? Either way the Pyrawarriors appreciate what the band has already given us and will be there when the next cd is offered...no doubt! THORNS- said it perfectly as far as the band having a unique special place with its fans and I honestly feel that the music is stellar, unmatched by any! Best wishes to all in the band and to the Pyra-fans out there...Happy Holidays!

Hey Michael, however long it takes is fine, the fact that Pyramaze still exists is most important. Good luck with the label issues, and I hope you and the rest of the band have a great holiday season...and keep crankin' Serenity, new album in a few months :)

I could be wrong here, but wasn't Pyramaze signed with Nightmare Records? And wasn't that Lance's label? Or am I running behind on things? I don't keep up with that stuff at all :loco:

I could be wrong here, but wasn't Pyramaze signed with Nightmare Records? And wasn't that Lance's label? Or am I running behind on things? I don't keep up with that stuff at all :loco:

You are partially right.

We are signed to Nightmare records which is Lance's label. But we are only signed with Melancholy Beast & LOTBC -and only for the USA. The record label which we signed with for Immortal is (was) called Locomotive Records. They come from Spain, but had offices in Germany and USA before the global economic crisis. Our cooperation with Nightmare Records and Lance is still intact professionally. The label that went bankrupt is Locomotive Records. We are signed with various labels across the globe. Our old albums have been sold per region-license. So one label in Japan, one in South America, one in Europe etc-etc. - you get the point. But for Immortal it was a worldwide deal with Locomotive only.

Hey Michael,

thanks for your kind words and the update!

Good to know Pyramaze is still alive despite all the things that happened! I guess all Pyrawarriors stand proud and will wait for the new material, no matter how long it takes.

It would not make sense to release an album you're not happy with, just because you want it to be released at a certain date. Write the songs, work them out together and release them when you feel the time is right. We will wait, more or less patiently.

I'm really curious what you guys will create with Urban on board!

Your three albums will always have a special place in my list of favourite-albums-of-all-time, as well as in my heart!

Take care all!
Criss