Metal 2015

Holy shit the new Fear Factory album "Genexus" is fucking awesome. Reminds me so much of the Demanufacture days!

Solstice re-released their first album on Thrash Corner records and it includes a new track. A few new people in the lineup, but Dennis Munoz and Alex Marquez are still in it. No clue if they are releasing a new album this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit the new Fear Factory album "Genexus" is fucking awesome. Reminds me so much of the Demanufacture days!

It's good, but I wouldn't call it awesome. It certainly doesn't remind me of Demanufacture, though there are some minor similarities here or there. I really like the track, "Expiration Date." I also like "Church of Execution" and the title track. The second half of the record is vastly superior to the first.

You should listen to the new Kataklysm...it's sick.

It's good, but I wouldn't call it awesome. It certainly doesn't remind me of Demanufacture, though there are some minor similarities here or there. I really like the track, "Expiration Date." I also like "Church of Execution" and the title track. The second half of the record is vastly superior to the first.

You should listen to the new Kataklysm...it's sick.

IDK I feel like the song structure kind of feels so much like Demanufacture.

The Kataklysm album is alright. Not really blown away with anything they do, but it's still a good listen.

I have not heard anything past Mechanize, but yeah I like Fear Factory. One of the earliest bands I got into. I still throw on some of their albums.

Yeah Magic Circle is good stuff. Anyone into doom metal on this board pretty well unanimously liked their debut.

So apparently Immortal isn't dead, folks:

"Norway’s unstoppable black metal force Immortal has been busy working on the band's new material. The band's members Demonaz and Horgh have also gone through a legal process the last year, having to protect their band’s name and logo from their previous singer.

In October 2014, ex-Immortal singer/guitarist Abbath (Olve Eikemo) filed a trademark application for registration of the brand Immortal to Patentstyret (Norwegian Industrial Property Office) without informing the other band members. The band's core members Horgh and Demonaz were forced to seek legal help to counter this. The trademark application from Eikemo was not approved and was denied registered on July 21th, 2015. Eikemo has left Immortal to start his new band.

'Immortal never stopped; we just had to go through a long legal process before we could go out in the media with the news. Immortal is much more than just a band, and much more than just a form of music. The departure of one member cannot change that, no matter. We will continue what we believe in, and the power of ‘Blashyrkh’ shall live on.'

Demonaz, the band’s founding member, has created material based on his visions of Blashyrkh for nearly 25 years. Some new songs, which are set to be included on the next album, are 'Northern Chaos Gods', 'Called to Ice', and 'Blacker of Worlds'."

Curious as to who the new vocalist is. Maybe Demonaz will do it. His solo album wasn't bad and his vocals wouldn't be out of place in Immortal.

Necrobutcher or Vortex would be awesome fits for bass, but I doubt either of them would do it. Maybe Iscariah will rejoin.

If the next Immortal album is decent and Abbath's solo thing is basically a new I album then this is cool news.

Has anyone listened to the new Symphony X??? I didn't even realize they were releasing a new album but I'm about to check it out.

Yeah, it was pretty good. Better than Iconoclast that's for sure. Not as cheesy as their older stuff, but at the same time lacking the epic feeling that made V or DWOT great. I'd say it's a transition album to a new sound for them. No epic 24 minute prog songs. I have to listen multiple times to really make a judgement on a SX album though. Will listen again soon.

Its cool that Immortal isnt done, because Ive never gotten the opportunity to see them live and that shit is Bucket List for me.

However, I cannot picture Immortal without Abbath.