Metal 2016

I also thought he must have a very difficult personality. Changing the entire lineup will be pain in the ass.

This is true but I think he'll have his pick of the litter, as Vektor is well loved by musicians in the genre. Vektor could potentially improve even

Only prob will be convincing them to move to Pennsylvania where there isn't much of a thrash scene afaik, hopefully Dave just moves to California.

If you don't count Disturbed, the Top 2 metal releases for 2016 based on sales are:

1) Metallica (~500K)
2) Megadeth (~150K)

what-year-is-it-meme

Super Collider was a fucking abomination, unlike in Risk's case, I listened to the entire album. After a few listens I reckon it had only 2 good tracks - Kingmaker and Don't Turn Your Back.

eh 10 is hard but my AOTYs are something like this:

Obscura - Akroasis
Megadeth - Dystopia
Sacramental Blood - Ternion Demonarchy
Abnormality - Mechanisms of Omiscience
Blood Incantation - Starspawn
Eternal Champion - The Armor of Ire
Sol Sistere - Unfading Incorporeal Vacuum
Wo Fat - Midnight Cometh
Mare Cognitum - Luminiferous Aether

eh this is a pretty good list esp the beginning, but there is so much stuff I've listened to once or twice and liked but
haven't got around to listening to it enough to justify it on the AOTY list, like A Diadem of Dead Stars, Arkaik Excruciation, Asphy, Hannes Grossman, Chthe'ilist, Cultus, Desaster, Howls of Ebb, Reptilian, Saor, Schammasch, Vale of Pnath, Exmortus, and probably a bunch of other shit I'm forgetting.

I will say though that i have listened to a lot of boring black metal this year (though there have been plenty of good relases, too).
Definitely need to check out some more 2016 death metal - haven't got my fill of that yet.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity