Metal 2017

638761.jpg

I already complained about this in another thread but this thing is just pointless...and bad. No one asked for this. It is such an absolute waste of time for Giacomo Voli and frankly, all this time to rerecording a bunch of tracks that Fabio sang far better could have been spent making an excellent debut for Voli. Alas, that didn't happen. Not yet, anyway.

"St. Hammervortex" What subtlety? Anyhow, The guitarist from The Sword is putting together a doom metal 50th anniversary tribute to Pink Floyd's Piper At The Gates of Dawn entitled Doom Side of the Moon. First single is Money: Tone is kinda weak, not the crushing, lustrous tonality of Saint Vitus, Candlemass, or Uncle Acid, but, hey, not bad:

Album is out August 4th, day before Piper's 50th.

I liked this version, it's got me interested enough to at least want to check out what is coming.

Holy shit

I don't know why, but this band is out fucking standing. Everything just gels so well with them. They continuously pump out quality material.

I agree. There isn't much from these guys I haven't liked.

Reactions: SweptbackFlame
I totally forgot about Sons of Crom. Definitely cool to hear that one. Olórin was supposed to play a show with Khazaddum a few years back but the whole show was cancelled. It would have been cool to see Khazaddum and the world's only "True Khazad Doom" band play together.

Reactions: CiG