Metal 2017

That album actually came out in the 70s amirite?

It never came out at all because Terry died. :(

I see that (from what I've read) Alan sacked the rest of the band and rerecorded all the music because his father was unhappy with it. Terry's vocals, of course, will be used.

Last edited:
Anyone listen to the new Vallenfyre yet?

(and no one cares about your opinion if you didnt or dont care about the band you fag)

Reactions: nizzon
Anyone listen to the new Vallenfyre yet?

(and no one cares about your opinion if you didnt or dont care about the band you fag)

The track I heard (the title track I believe) was okay, it might not be the best track to judge the whole album by, but if the album in general is less slow and more evened out in terms of pace, it might be good. I haven't got it yet.

Yeah a few songs, I dont like it. Too raw and simple.

Simple? Sure.
Too raw though? I totally disagree, it sounds very modern and punchy.

I refuse to believe anything Century Media released sounds very raw. I'll have to give it a go. I really liked A Fragile King but only liked parts of Splinters.

You're not really wrong, it's not the greatest subgenre that's for sure.
A few standouts, but a lot of mediocre filler bands.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before (the search function didn't show any results - at least not for this album):

I stumbled across this on the German Rock Hard forum a few days ago after typing in Fear of God, where someone drew comparisons between this band and the atmosphere and vocals on Fear of God's "Within the Veil". While Bathsheba can be classified as Doom Metal, whereas the music on "Within the Veil" was more heading towards Thrash (though also expanding into other directions and there were also slow parts), I think the atmosphere is - to some extent - comparable and at least some vocal parts - e.g. the one starting at about 2:50 in the song posted above - do remind me of Dawn Crosby's (R.I.P.) vocals on "Within the Veil". I'll have to check out the other songs as well. It looks like I've finally found a new band whose music I do enjoy - sometimes miracles do happen.

On another note, Vuur, the new band fronted by Anneke van Giersbergen, have recently released a clip with their first song:

More metal than anything Anneke has done since her first two albums with the Gathering (maybe apart from the stuff she did with Devin Townsend, which I'm not familiar with, though) and heading into a somewhat progressive direction, though based on this song alone, I'm not sure whether I'll buy the album or not.

Reactions: nizzon