METAL: A headbanger's journey

METALDUDE

Metal Defender
Apr 6, 2006
U.S.A.
Has anyone seen this. I just picked it up. Pretty good. The Black Metal segment was cool and the interview with LIPS from Anvil was great. I agree with the director that it should have been 8 hours. It did not cover enough ground....

B000EGEJIY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54845510_.jpg

Because of the length it was very general, which was a bummer. It focused a little too much on why people listen to metal instead of jsut talking about metal. I don't know about you but I think that the whole, metal is rebel outsiders music thing is really overplayed and seems a bit cheesy. Overall it was enjoyable however. Necrobutcher sure was an ass huh? I thought that Gaahl was hilarious!!.......Satan:lol: . Lemmy was funny in the extra features as well.

:lol: The Mayhem segment WAS priceless. "FUCK YOU!" :lol: :kickass:

Yeah I agree that it was /is very general....it's obvious he knows more than to just interview Korn,RATM and Slipknot.

Where was the New Black,Power,Death Metal ect. from around the world. The REAL stuff. I would have been up for more of that.

I guess that's why I dug the LIPS interview clip on the second disc alot talking about March Of The Crabs and 666!!

That was Godlike!

didnt we already do this?

anyways. great dvd. i thought it adressed things objectively. things were left out cuz of time, but watch the special features. it makes up for it
~gR~

genocide roach said:
didnt we already do this?

:confused: I dunno! Too lazy to look through all the threads and did not see a discussion on it in these early threads.

If it's a topic repeat I apologize! :kickass:

It was a great documentary and I think it was a good idea to stay general to give a good perspective on what metal really is for people outside the metal scene. Now that this movie is out if he could do one for every genre that would be awesome. I know he's suppose to release one on Voivod soon (the history of the band and stuff on Piggy).