Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

its a 101 level movie, it isnt meant to be the end all be all definition of metal. just a well written attempt to give someone who is unfamiliar a basic understanding.
~gR~

But you see my good man, that's precisely why I disagreed with the claim that it's the best assessment of what metal really is.

But you see my good man, that's precisely why I disagreed with the claim that it's the best assessment of what metal really is.

Just because I said it was the best assessment doesn't mean it's a proper assessment. Given other rockumentaries like it, it's the best you can find. Going to any depth satisfactory to enthusiasts like you and me would require too much to fit into one film, or even miniseries.

Just because I said it was the best assessment doesn't mean it's a proper assessment. Given other rockumentaries like it, it's the best you can find. Going to any depth satisfactory to enthusiasts like you and me would require too much to fit into one film, or even miniseries.

I like to aim high. Wasn't there some crappy section about groupies in the film? Surely that guy could've cut out some of that superfluous crap and made room for more important things. Anyway, you're right I guess. Leaving thread now.

Rob Halford on a tour bus with females.

GET OFF ME GET OFF ME

night after night

I give blowjobs dur!

Didn't like it. It was about as enlightening as a flourescent bulb after being introduced to a crowbar held in the shaking hands of a drunk trying to kill the moth that just inadvertinately landed on said flourescent bulb.

The movie was quite entertaining... looking forward to the next one coming out.
Is there a Part 2 in the making?

I thought it was a well written documentary on metal in general and entertaining to watch. Without this movie we would have never had the ever famous Gaahl clip.
gaahl.gif

There's a new one coming out called Global Metal (made by the same guy), which looks at metal & its influence in different parts of the world .. or something along those lines.

I thought the movie was a bit irritating. I really hated the whole "metal gives rebels and losers something to come together over" bullshit.

I got this movie from a friend, he downloaded the parts from youtube. It was a decent movie. Looking forward for his next movie.

I thought the Black Metal appendix they filmed could have been just as long. They went back to Norway to give a better overview of the genre, but it could have covered a lot more, such as more of the actual music, and then talk about the global scene in depth.