Metal Culture

I must agree with you man. Metal is a product of musically open minded people, like Sabbath, Priest and others who didn't have boundaries for the music they were playing and that's what music and art in general is all about. Saying that metal is the best music ever, is totally WRONG ! It IS my favorite genre of music of course, it's probably the only music that could touch my depths in different ways, wether it's with the music itself, or lyrics, but I enjoy listening to other stuff, like jazz, blues, and Michael Jackson and few great musicians here in my country. Not coz, by convention, it is good, but I like it and I respect it. On the other hand, i don't respect other forms of music.

Once I started to listen to metal it made me more opened mind about music so now im like Sabbath Priest and others.It true that metal is not the best music ever. No music can be the best ever.A type of music that you like can be your favorite but saying the best ever is going too far.Now my favorite genere of music is metal but I dont have many band t shirts and have short hair but metal made me into getting a guitar and made me think on riffs and solos and has made me INTERESED in topics like history science atheism and religion and life.

I find that most of the "hardcore" metal guys tend to shit on anything that is not "typical" metal, yet when you look at what metal was ment to be anyone shittying on a band for being not metal is in fact NOT been metal, because metal is about freedom to like what music you want, dress like you want or whatever else

Just my quick thought

I find that most of the "hardcore" metal guys tend to shit on anything that is not "typical" metal, yet when you look at what metal was ment to be anyone shittying on a band for being not metal is in fact NOT been metal, because metal is about freedom to like what music you want, dress like you want or whatever else

Just my quick thought

:)

you'll actually find a lot of females showing up if you go to a "psychopatic" artist's concert http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathic_Records

these females call themselves "juggalettes"

http://photobucket.com/images/juggalette/

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5870276313402638276#

http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/insanejuggalette/

if i was going to go to a concert to flirt/pick up girls, this is where i'd go

let me clarify this
i was NOT suggesting that anyone go to a concert for the purpouse of a "hook up" i was just saying that if anyone wanted to, this would be how to do it

metal doznt hav a culture thaz jus poeple bein differin yall yall r... why nawt jus wur sum cowboy bootz & listen to some good ole country... u can even square dance if yall like you just have to restrict yur metal awm sorry cuz metal aint cool

metal doznt hav a culture thaz jus poeple bein differin yall yall r... why nawt jus wur sum cowboy bootz & listen to some good ole country... u can even square dance if yall like you just have to restrict yur metal awm sorry cuz metal aint cool

First off this is not called ultimate country forum so I don't know why you are here and second metal does have a culture.

Metal is misunderstood because of just a few reasons. People are ignorant and through the years metal has been made to look like that satans playing feild of music, when less that 20% of it actually has anything to do with satan, or religion at all for that matter. Another thing is this, People who are into the metal scene dont like outsiders coming in and giveing un-needed analyzations of there stuff, since thats very counter productive. AND maybe most of all, people just can't hear the pleasures within metal over the drown out poppy sound of most music today.

Metal is misunderstood because of just a few reasons. People are ignorant and through the years metal has been made to look like that satans playing feild of music, when less that 20% of it actually has anything to do with satan, or religion at all for that matter. Another thing is this, People who are into the metal scene dont like outsiders coming in and giveing un-needed analyzations of there stuff, since thats very counter productive. AND maybe most of all, people just can't hear the pleasures within metal over the drown out poppy sound of most music today.

Another thing is when people think of metal.They think of screaming and worshipping satan wheich a lot of it doesn;t have it.If I asked person if they like metal chances are that they hate it.They may not like it but they can't say that most of it is untalent.Aside from Classical,Jazz and Prog Rock the most talent musicanins come from metal.People who says this like mainstream music which most of it is bland.

I see this is an old topic.

Great post Petrovsk Mizinski, the only place you lost me was the Sabbath thing... people need to get over that because its simply not true but I give you credit for saying "questionally". Also death metal sucks and prog rules... but hey... LOL

To answer speeds old origional post, the thing about metal is there is all kinds of metal and meaning behind the lyrics and feel of it. I perfer the politically charged like Mustaine or introspective like the progressive bands and have no use for the "I'm a bad ass sick mofo wanna be" types of metal.

Hair, I've had long hair mostly since 76 and that was due to being a rocker, the trend, and liking my hair "Do you like my magnificant hair" (what movie was that from?) The Lewis and Clark spoof that... shit I forget his name, the chubby guy that died was in and the guy from friends. There is also the degree of anti establishment that comes with "hair". Now it only grows in select areas... LOL

I do agree with speed about many fans and I went to one show, Kamelot I believe where this guy was passing out this pulp publication, I brought it home and began to read it and was totally disgusted, it was nothing but shit attitude and obnoxiousness, it quickly found its way into my woodstove. SO yes those who think they have to make a culture out of metal are complete nonfunctional tools.

Concerts - the few that I have gone too are great and most of the bands Im into dont really want moshers nor do they attract to many of them. If your into thrash, death or what ever self proclaimed "hardcore" metal, you can bet the audience will be full of little idiots. Myself I choose my metal well and dont listen to any that does not agree with my standpoints on life, decency, respect and morals.

I see this is an old topic.

Great post Petrovsk Mizinski, the only place you lost me was the Sabbath thing... people need to get over that because its simply not true but I give you credit for saying "questionally". Also death metal sucks and prog rules... but hey... LOL

To answer speeds old origional post, the thing about metal is there is all kinds of metal and meaning behind the lyrics and feel of it. I perfer the politically charged like Mustaine or introspective like the progressive bands and have no use for the "I'm a bad ass sick mofo wanna be" types of metal.

Hair, I've had long hair mostly since 76 and that was due to being a rocker, the trend, and liking my hair "Do you like my magnificant hair" (what movie was that from?) The Lewis and Clark spoof that... shit I forget his name, the chubby guy that died was in and the guy from friends. There is also the degree of anti establishment that comes with "hair". Now it only grows in select areas... LOL

I do agree with speed about many fans and I went to one show, Kamelot I believe where this guy was passing out this pulp publication, I brought it home and began to read it and was totally disgusted, it was nothing but shit attitude and obnoxiousness, it quickly found its way into my woodstove. SO yes those who think they have to make a culture out of metal are complete nonfunctional tools.

Concerts - the few that I have gone too are great and most of the bands Im into dont really want moshers nor do they attract to many of them. If your into thrash, death or what ever self proclaimed "hardcore" metal, you can bet the audience will be full of little idiots. Myself I choose my metal well and dont listen to any that does not agree with my standpoints on life, decency, respect and morals.

The only thing I hate about going to a thrash or death metal concert is worrying about the moshing which I don't do and hate and the pit gets bigger and also dislike people spilling bear on me and the smoking.At a black or prog concert you won't worry about it as much.Depends on the band that I see.You don't need to agree on every music standpoints on the stuff you said.I don't go rapeing girls from hearing death metal or fighting dragons from listing to power metal.Not everyone is a sterotype slayer fan.
I don't look very metal like I said in one of my post.I don't have long hair or mosh.I don't agree on every thing a band say but that doesn't make me stop from listening.

Oh I do, for example I was finally checking out Iced Earth and like Dark Saga alot, then I looked into other CDs and discovered the guy was really into bloody horror topics and I just dont like it, I didnt say whether it makes someone take to specific behaviors, nor that you CAN witness some worship of certain behaviors at concerts... there is just subject matters I dont want to listen too or watch when it comes to movies. IM going to see Metallica Thurs with my close friend and drummer, hes always been into them, this should be interesting.

Oh I do, for example I was finally checking out Iced Earth and like Dark Saga alot, then I looked into other CDs and discovered the guy was really into bloody horror topics and I just dont like it, I didnt say whether it makes someone take to specific behaviors, nor that you CAN witness some worship of certain behaviors at concerts... there is just subject matters I dont want to listen too or watch when it comes to movies. IM going to see Metallica Thurs with my close friend and drummer, hes always been into them, this should be interesting.

Metallica doesn't have bloody horror topics like you said about Iced Earth.

I know, I cant stand one of the most acclaimed Metallica albums, Justice for All but was really impressed with Hetfields lyrics. Like I said it should be interesting, the most "metal" show I have been to since Megadeth/Priest around 90.

Exactly. Opeth fanboys get a bad rap, but I've seen the least of what you mentioned above at Opeth concerts I've been to. Going to see Slayer was terrible though. I'm sure almost everyone at this board is pretty opposed to that form of metal culture. There really are two distinct metal cultures that don't mesh all that well.

Im sure hope that no one on this fourm is like going to a Slayer concert altough old Slayer was great.Fans of bands like Slayer and Pantera are the ones that give people thinking were a bunch of idiots when not all of use are but there quite a lot of them.