Metal Culture

It is said for one to understand art, one has to be part of the culture and the period.

Hi, Im new around here, and just couldnt keep out of this discussion, and actually read the whole thread. anyway, to your question.

leaving aside for a moment the question of what is metal culture, maybe being a part of some sort of a global culture is enough? i believe that it is enough to be a part of the western world, or specifically, aware of monotheism, to fully understand Monotheist by Celtic Frost. I believe it is enough to have something of the popular knowledge / popular memory, to fully understand a band singing about war. and of course, if one has enough life experience (and i believe that in some point every person does), he'll understand a song about death or false love.

The fact that metal is some sort of a close sub-culture is probably due to the fact that most music is plain too harsh for most, or maybe the lyrics are misunderstood, as the stereotype would say Celtic Frost made an anti-christ album, while i think what they have actually written about is the doubts they have in the whole monotheistic subject.

to sum up, yes, i think that you must be a part of a culture to fully understand metal, but the truth is that if you have an internet connection, you probably are a part of it.

Hi, Im new around here, and just couldnt keep out of this discussion, and actually read the whole thread. anyway, to your question.

leaving aside for a moment the question of what is metal culture, maybe being a part of some sort of a global culture is enough? i believe that it is enough to be a part of the western world, or specifically, aware of monotheism, to fully understand Monotheist by Celtic Frost. I believe it is enough to have something of the popular knowledge / popular memory, to fully understand a band singing about war. and of course, if one has enough life experience (and i believe that in some point every person does), he'll understand a song about death or false love.

The fact that metal is some sort of a close sub-culture is probably due to the fact that most music is plain too harsh for most, or maybe the lyrics are misunderstood, as the stereotype would say Celtic Frost made an anti-christ album, while i think what they have actually written about is the doubts they have in the whole monotheistic subject.

to sum up, yes, i think that you must be a part of a culture to fully understand metal, but the truth is that if you have an internet connection, you probably are a part of it.

Well you don't have to dress like a metalhead to be into metal but to get into metal is depends on your music taste.If your into classic hard rock like ACDC you might like stuff like Motorhead or Saxon.If your into prog rock like Yes then you might like the prog metal bands like Dream Theater.If your into classical music than you might like Yngwie Malmsteen.If your into hardcore punk than you might like thrash metal.If someone into rap than that a tough one to recommend.

my point exactly. musical taste is subjective, and thus one might or might not like a specific music. same way i presume most of us here dont have a substantial amount of fondness for rap/hip hop/britney spears ect.. one might "get" metal, its only that one doesnt have to like it.

my point exactly. musical taste is subjective, and thus one might or might not like a specific music. same way i presume most of us here dont have a substantial amount of fondness for rap/hip hop/britney spears ect.. one might "get" metal, its only that one doesnt have to like it.

Not everyone will get metal but it the same with most of us won't get rap and country.Some people could find something they like in metal since there so many subgenres.

Rock is the most universal musical language, it found its way into and out of blues, country, even jazz, classical pieces can be found that rock abit, metal stems from rock so if it rocks good enough and isnt retarded... yes everyone could find some merit in metal

Rock is the most universal musical language, it found its way into and out of blues, country, even jazz, classical pieces can be found that rock abit, metal stems from rock so if it rocks good enough and isnt retarded... yes everyone could find some merit in metal

Without rock music there would be no metal music and without blues music there is no rock music.

Jon Schaffer Did Nothing Wrong!

Dee Snider is a Dehydrated Sack

Razor Fist gets it right. Metal culture should be strongly and outspokenly opposed to corrupt and tyrannical governments. Century Media and all these pussy butt posers who abandoned Schaffer just because he pointed inside the capital building now run by the communist party---the same party that has kept metal from selling in America.
16new-was-oathkeepers-facebookJumbo-v3.jpg

I'm sick of hearing about Jan.6, while all the riots by Antifa and BLM went completely ignored by the left. Fortunately, all my friends into metal have abandoned leftist bullshit and we no longer will ever buy any band on Century Media Records, as Century Media has now been dropped by their customers. Most metal fans just don't have the time or the cash to invest in posers and their lack of talent. Metal culture is not Marxist!