Metal for the brain

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Ok the date is set (its October the 20th) but they havent announced the bands yet. So heres my wish list for this year:

Superheist
Psikore
Dungeon
Subterfuge
Cryogenic (never heard any of their stuff but they are supposed to be pretty good, so it would be a good chance to check them out)
Syzygy (or whatever they are called, they are supposed to be good too, but i havent heard them either.)
Scourge (it would be cool to see them but they are probably just too damn lazy to come across though.....:rolleyes: :) )

Also hopefully they will have less death metal bands than last year (i didnt go to last years)
I dont know who will headline, but it might be another overseas band, like last year, if so, they oughta try and get nevermore, they love australia and they can collect their money off tim (or was it the other way round??) haha!
So, whos going to go then???? :D

Superheist.. YUCK Haha!

Even though I live in Melbourne and can't go... this would be my wishlist...

DUNGEON
VANISHING POINT
CRIMSON FIRE
PEGAZUS
BLACK STEEL
EARTH
DESTROYER 666
ENTER TWILIGHT
MORTIFICATION
AND UM, THAT GLAM BAND THAT WAS MENTIONED IN A PERTH THREAD (GLAM!!!)

And perhaps someone like oh, Iced Earth?.. to be the overseas headliner? Hahaha. The after they play Metal For The Brain they commence their Australian tour while they are here :)

Originally posted by ironcross
Thanks for adding Subterfuge spawn but the chances of that happening are a bazzillion to one :cry:

How come crossy? On the website it says to send them a copy of your cd etc. if you want to go, SO, you should send them what they need! I want to see you guys live, and theres as good a place as any!

Well one of your wishes is gonna come true - Dungeon will indeed be playing the main stage this year! This hasn't been officially announced but this is what the organisers have told us! Yay! :)

I think the closing date for submitted CDs for this year's M4TB has gone but it's worth sending something in for next year, though...

There will indeed be an overseas headliner on the main stage but I can't tell you who it is except to say it's NOT Iced Earth or Megadeth or anyone cool like that! :(

Hmmm ok dungeon is there, i presume psikore will play as they are managed by the woman that runs utopia, so thats good enough for me then, now i just need to organise myself so i can get there (which as people probably know, im not so good at haha!)
I cant believe im going all the way to canberra to see dungeon when they play around sydney all the time, i need help badly obviously :D If you dont play paradise, there will trouble...BIG trouble!

I just checked the website, you have until may 30th to submit stuff, so crossy, send it now! Coops/aces, if you are game to come across, i say you should submit a cd too......
Heres the address http://www.metalforthebrain.com/lowhtml/bands.htm

Originally posted by ironcross
ok, i'll send some stuff to them on monday. I don't think we are heavy enough. Last year it was mostly death and black metal. I found it pretty boring except for the occasional band.

I agree with you there, it was about 80% death metal last year, hopefully that will change this year.

Originally posted by spawn
Hmmm ok dungeon is there, i presume psikore will play as they are managed by the woman that runs utopia

I'm not so sure... It seems that Andrew, the incredibly scary guitarist, has quit! Unless they find a replacement (who would be brave enough to fill THOSE shoes, I dunno!), it's looking doubtful for M4TB this year for them...

I cant believe im going all the way to canberra to see dungeon when they play around sydney all the time, i need help badly obviously :D If you dont play paradise, there will trouble...BIG trouble!

D'OH! Do we have to??? HAHA! OK, we'll play it if you get the other 1,999 people to sing the chorus with us! :)

He quit?? Dammit, if i was any good id audition, i love their music, oh well, im sure they will find someone eventually!

Yes, i shall not only sing the chorus but the verse as well haha!