metal paddys band of the week is darkthrone

There is probably over 80 "kickass"/ other rockon smilies in this thread.

Sorry, still not into black metal yet. One of these days... (I do like some Immortal though :))

Panzerfaust is usually overlooked. Forget about historical relevance, just appreciate how good of an album this is.

Looking to get The Cult is Alive within the next few weeks. I liked the Too Old, Too Cold song/video. Good stuff.

MasterOLightning said:
Panzerfaust is usually overlooked. Forget about historical relevance, just appreciate how good of an album this is.

Looking to get The Cult is Alive within the next few weeks. I liked the Too Old, Too Cold song/video. Good stuff.

Panzerfaust is half less ambient Transilvanian Hunger, half CELTIC FUCKING FROST. Love it.

I actually think Too Old, Too Cold is in the lower echelon of songs on The Cult Is Alive. Solid effort though.

fotmbm said:
you rock paddy i couldnt agree more darkthrone fucking rule what do you think of the new album? fuckin beer swillin head bangin black fuckin metal just the way we like it if not as cold and dark as some of the older albums well it still rules up the darkthrones! :hotjump::hotjump::hotjump::kickass::kickass:
You're good at Paddy-speak.

:worship: Darkthrone

Zack said:
There is probably over 80 "kickass"/ other rockon smilies in this thread.

Sorry, still not into black metal yet. One of these days... (I do like some Immortal though :))

:cry: You no like the black metal?!!

never liked darkthrone. ive only heard transilvanian hunger but didnt like it. people have told me there are better things to listen to for a darkthrone intro, but i cbf'd atm.

byrne said:
never liked darkthrone. ive only heard transilvanian hunger but didnt like it. people have told me there are better things to listen to for a darkthrone intro, but i cbf'd atm.

Transilvanian Hunger is best viewed as an Ambient work, and not a Metal album, though there are no keyboards. The guitar used on that album create an ambient effect moreso than a tradional "Metal" piece would. Every single other one of their albums is far more "riff intensive." In all honesty, if you have any inclination toward Black Metal at all, you will invariably enjoy Under A Funeral Moon.

I don't think a beginner could go wrong with Panzerfaust.

OOOOAAAAHHHH TEN HUNGRY WAAAAVES THEY SWALLOWED MY SHIIIIIP WAAAAAAAHHHH
I STEADILY WALKED HOME
AAAAAAHHH
AND I ONLY GOT WET ON MY FEEEEEEET
WAAAOOOOHHH
AAHHHH
AHHHHHA
AHH

yes cbf'd = couldn't/can't be fucked

i will possibly listen to either under a funeral moon or soulside journey in the near future then. maybe both if i like the first i hear.

Darkthrone - a.k.a. Norwegian fuck monkeys who record on banjos in a tin shed, with the bass smashed up into tiny, tiny pieces.

Utter, utter fucking bilge.

I quite like the punky tone of the new one though, the tracks I've heard. I also liked Panzerfaust, but I do scratch my head and wonder (as with most BM bands) why the hell people worship what sounds to me suspiciously like complete fucking shit ?