metal paddys band of the week is darkthrone

no but theres this one
banana2.gif

Well some people must have shit in their ears.
I've only heard 6 of their albums so far but Soulside Journey is at the bottom of my list.Plagueweilder is on the top followed by Sardonic Wrath.

Carcassian said:
Darkthrone - a.k.a. Norwegian fuck monkeys who record on banjos in a tin shed, with the bass smashed up into tiny, tiny pieces.

Utter, utter fucking bilge.

I quite like the punky tone of the new one though, the tracks I've heard. I also liked Panzerfaust, but I do scratch my head and wonder (as with most BM bands) why the hell people worship what sounds to me suspiciously like complete fucking shit ?

Most BM bands don't like Darkthrone? Bollocks. That's ridiculous. The lo-fi primitive sound is a necessary component of the atmosphere. You apparently don't get that.

Carcassian said:
Darkthrone - a.k.a. Norwegian fuck monkeys who record on banjos in a tin shed, with the bass smashed up into tiny, tiny pieces.

Utter, utter fucking bilge.

I quite like the punky tone of the new one though, the tracks I've heard. I also liked Panzerfaust, but I do scratch my head and wonder (as with most BM bands) why the hell people worship what sounds to me suspiciously like complete fucking shit ?
You like Celtic Frost, right? From "Panzerfaust" on, Darkthrone show a very heavy Celtic Frost influence, especially in the riffs, and, at times, in the vocals.

Goatlord was never truly finished. That's the controversy about the album really. A lot of people say that Satyr wanted to make a quick buck. Hence the "clumsy and awkward" sound. Just look at the chronology. It obviously was sitting on the shelf for a while, and it wasn't released until that point for a reason.

Whatever the reason (it was recorded before A Blaze..., wasn't really produced etc) I would recommend everyone to completely aviod Goatlord. Also Total Death (though some people probably like Earth's Last Picture).
I also never can sit through all of Panzerfaust. If it weren't En Vind Av Sorg, I would never play that album. But that song is soo ridiculously good.
Ravishing Grimness is mostly boring...
Fortunately, they picked up with Plaguewielder. That's got the best Darkthrone song since En Vind Av Sorg: Wreak. There is a superb riff on that one.

derbeder said:
Whatever the reason (it was recorded before A Blaze..., wasn't really produced etc) I would recommend everyone to completely aviod Goatlord. Also Total Death (though some people probably like Earth's Last Picture).
I also never can sit through all of Panzerfaust. If it weren't En Vind Av Sorg, I would never play that album. But that song is soo ridiculously good.
Fortunately, they picked up with Plaguewielder. That's got the best Darkthrone song since En Vind Av Sorg: Wreak. There is a superb riff on that one.

You have a very awkward opinion regarding the band.

Thoth-Amon said:
Most BM bands don't like Darkthrone? Bollocks. That's ridiculous. The lo-fi primitive sound is a necessary component of the atmosphere. You apparently don't get that.

What YOU don't get is that I was saying I don't like most BM bands, not that most BM bands don't like Darkthrone.

I "get" it, I just don't "like" it.

:Smug:

Impudent said:
You like Celtic Frost, right? From "Panzerfaust" on, Darkthrone show a very heavy Celtic Frost influence, especially in the riffs, and, at times, in the vocals.

Read my post. I said I liked Panzerfaust.

I know, and everything after that is in that sort of vein as well.

derbeder said:
Damn, I love "Total Death", "Panzerfaust", and "Ravishing Grimness". In fact, everything I've heard by Darkthrone I love. The only ones I do not have yet are "Goatlord", "Plaguewielder", "Sardonic Wrath", and "The Cult Is Alive".

Carcassian said:
What YOU don't get is that I was saying I don't like most BM bands, not that most BM bands don't like Darkthrone.

I "get" it, I just don't "like" it.

:Smug:

Fair enough.