Metal songs that bring back memories

Dec 23, 2005
Do any of you guys have metal songs that remind you of a place or a person? Not to sound like an emo fag but I could make a whole playlist of metal songs that remind of my ex and it depresses me every time I hear them. Funny thing is most of them lyrically have nothing to do with her whatsoever its just the sound of the song that reminds me for some reason.

The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young
-Reminds me of a homeless guy (also a friend of my uncle) that we let live with us for a while.
Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds
-Reminds me of the first time I saw The Breakfast Club when I was really little.
Sad But True by Metallica
-Reminds me of my older brother who used to bang his face into his pillow to this album when he first got it.
Anything by Slayer (most notably Angel of Death)
-Reminds me of a guy that I know from school (just graduated friday night though actually)
The Philosopher by Death
-Reminds me of the guy that sent me a whole bunch of Death songs over AIM.
Like a Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan
-Reminds me of my dad for no particular reason.
There are probably more but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

I have a few songs that remind me of certain eras/people, but alot are non metal

it isn't metal, but Pink Maggit by Deftones makes me think about a weekend last year when i looked out my window and just felt sadness and desolation for some reason.

Ashes by Pain of Salvation reminds me of a certain little stain in my past.

Strapping Young Lad - Far Beyond Metal reminds me of ... the day I first began liking metal.

paradise lost - Forever Failure (one of my exes, used to love that track, she did.)

Metallica - Battery (drinking cider in the park, fighting against the glam metal posse over possession of the park after dark \m/)

Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells (headbanging through "Arise" album twice, all the way through, while drunk)

AC/DC - Highway to Hell - playing cards with my dad before I had to go to nursery school

I listened to Subterranean Masquerade's No Place Like Home a fuckload on holiday, so now whenever I hear it, it reminds me of that holiday. Probably some others as well, but that's the most vivid one.

Carcassian said:
Metallica - Battery (drinking cider in the park, fighting against the glam metal posse over possession of the park after dark \m/)

Heroic effort. Where I live, all the blacks possess the park, and I'm not one for a challenge of that nature. Not even with Battery under my belt.

velvet revolver - loving the alien. it's my new found love!!!
mail back any fans!

oh and SAXON - denim and leather - brings back memory of waterfront last month...Thom and Andrew teching me the song lyrics!!! =(

xxxlovexxx

Death's "Voice of the Soul" used to remind me of an ex who had it on her answering machine. I've listened to it so much since then that the effect has become diluted. Same with Black Label Society's "Stoned and Drunk" and Soilwork's "Figure Number Five" album, even though I'm not too big on those. I can smell the stench of cheap weed in another ex's car just thinking about it.

The first few Slayer albums also bring back a slew of middle/high school memories. Suicidal Tendencies' "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow" reminds me of touring, as we played that album to death on the road.

Carcassian said:
AC/DC - Highway to Hell - playing cards with my dad before I had to go to nursery school

That reminds me - this song reminds me of driving to see Iron Maiden at Leeds. Yeah, it actually came on the radio just as we were nearing the fest :headbang:

Iron Maiden's Wasted Years just reminds me of Maiden's career in general, it's quite a nostalgic song.