Metal Sucks Interview with Scott

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
Laugh At Others' Misfortunes
SO THAT’S PRETTY EMBARRASSING FOR SCOTT IAN

Monday, May 10th, 2010 at 1:00pm by Axl Rosenberg I know it’s unusual for us to post about one particular piece of news twice in the same day, but it seems like there’s fuck-all happening this afternoon, and I just this on Blabbermouth, and it is SO GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING HILARIOUS that I just had to say something about it. It’s a segment from VH1’s That Metal Show (which, I admit, I’ve never actually seen before) that aired in March (and was filmed in January). It’s a “Belladonna Vs. Bush” debate, that includes Scott Ian and his wife, Pearl Aday (a.k.a. “Meatloaf’s Daughter.”)
Needless to say, Mr. and Mrs. Ian both side with Bush – in fact, with regards to the Belladonna-Bush switch, Scott even goes so far as to say, “We didn’t need a bird, we needed a lion.”

And this just proves my point: regardless of whether or not you agree with Vince and myself that John Bush r00lz and Joey Belladonna dr00lz, there’s no arguing that they went back to Belladonna for any reason other than they had no choice. This is not some grand artistic move meant to do what was best for the band as a creative entity; it’s a last-ditch act of desperation. Sad, sad, sad.
-AR

12 Comments »
ShareThis

Again, how can Joey be happy about this? Clearly he is there SECOND choice. Don't even argue with me. We all know after Nelson flaked out on them, they sure as hell weren't ringing him up asking him to come back. NO.

They wanted the best singer they ever worked with: BUSH.

End of story, case closed. Be happy Belladonna fans. I will always enjoy the Bushthrax, and it was a good career. It got a little too flaky these last 5 years though.

I saw that "metal show" when it aired. It wasn't until I heard him say those things about Joey that I realized just how much Scott Ian must HATE Joey. This is hilarious. I can't wait to see the PR involved with this story. I hope they play this episode of "That Metal Show" on the bus every night. Sounds like Scott set up a great vibe for Joey's return.

I give it about 5 shows and then some other singer will come in. And all the drama will unfold again. Good times!

I saw that "metal show" when it aired. It wasn't until I heard him say those things about Joey that I realized just how much Scott Ian must HATE Joey. This is hilarious. I can't wait to see the PR involved with this story. I hope they play this episode of "That Metal Show" on the bus every night. Sounds like Scott set up a great vibe for Joey's return.

I give it about 5 shows and then some other singer will come in. And all the drama will unfold again. Good times!

I hear ya. Nothing but a trainwreck waiting to happen. Belladonna fans, get your tix, cuz somehow I don't see this lasting. Blatz for you all!

Why does vilifying these two guys get everyone off so much?
They had to do the reunion because they needed the bank. They have all but said that already. John opted out.
Reunion ended and they wanted to make a new Joey record, couldnt come to terms, didnt happen.
Checked John out and he was busy with "other work" so they looked for a new guy since neither JB was ready to commit.
Dan (new guy) flaked out or the guys just couldnt handle the guy. Whatever, hes gone.
John obliges a favor and bails them out on a few dates, they talk about recording, doesnt pan out. Not what John wants in his life.
Sooooooo? How is any of that anyones "fault"? What would YOU have done? Thrown in the towel? Given up on your entire career? Pissed on almost three decades?
Cmon all quit making this such drama and bullshit already. If your done with the band swell, move along then. I for one just want them to keep plugging along in whatever capacity possible.

Why does vilifying these two guys get everyone off so much?
They had to do the reunion because they needed the bank. They have all but said that already. John opted out.
Reunion ended and they wanted to make a new Joey record, couldnt come to terms, didnt happen.
Checked John out and he was busy with "other work" so they looked for a new guy since neither JB was ready to commit.
Dan (new guy) flaked out or the guys just couldnt handle the guy. Whatever, hes gone.
John obliges a favor and bails them out on a few dates, they talk about recording, doesnt pan out. Not what John wants in his life.
Sooooooo? How is any of that anyones "fault"? What would YOU have done? Thrown in the towel? Given up on your entire career? Pissed on almost three decades?
Cmon all quit making this such drama and bullshit already. If your done with the band swell, move along then. I for one just want them to keep plugging along in whatever capacity possible.

Agreed. Only problem is that Scott is a little fast when it comes to worshipping vocalists as the one and only voice for Anthrax. Guess that´s one reason why JB wasn´t interested in returning after the reunion.

Agreed. Only problem is that Scott is a little fast when it comes to worshipping vocalists as the one and only voice for Anthrax.

Agreed. I believe he has a strong connection with these singers etc. The musicians on the board should get it. Songs/records can be like children, He has created some wonderful life with these guys. Its got to be hard to have to let go of and reconnect to vocalists like this because its sort of bitter sweet, like any break up with anyone you have created with. The sad gloom of what cant be and the excitement of whats to come. What do you show publicly? How much should you show? Tough spot to be in for sure. Now.......... lets all hope for a new record in the next twelve months and quietly wish we are lucky enough to be in attendance when Joey slays the last verse of "in my world" walks off stage and John Bush busts out onto the stage right into "only" just because he was in town :headbang::loco::headbang:

I blame their grunge leanings. The younger fans are more level-headed than the grunge generation.

You call the "grunge generation" the older fans? Fuck, I am even older than that... :zombie: Just to add my level-headed two cents: I was looking forward to John staying with Anthrax again, but Joey is the voice I grew up with and I did like his performance on the reunion-show in Hamburg - it was far better than Alive 2 wich is a little dissappointing in my opinion. So why not, it might work and I really do hope so. But I am NOT sure that Joey's voice will fit Bush-Era-Songs, but who knows before we hear it?

At least his return brought life back to this place...

I don`t get what the big deal and drama is all about.

SUre Scott has been outspoken to say the least about Bush, but that doesn`t mean he hates Joey. And Joey wouldn`t have returned if he wasn`t comfortable being with them in the first place so everyone should calm down and show them our support! If not then simply don`t listen and stop bitching.

THrilled to death that Joey`s back:headbang::worship:

If only they could get Dan S back...:rolleyes: