Metalcamp 2008

Vampyrian

Vault Dweller
Nov 20, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
I started a thread for this year's festival, but I doubt anyone that posts here showed up, but what the hell. Maybe someone will come in 2008! It will be Metalcamp's fifth anniversary and they promissed us a great line-up.

Confirmed bands so far:
thursday, 3rd of july
big METALCAMP 08 - 5th anniversary opening party at the BEACH BAR! open end!
-------------

friday, 4th of july - doors open 4.00 p.m.
Mainstage

IN FLAMES se
IN EXTREMO de
CARCASS uk
SIX FEET UNDER usa
WINTERSUN fi
OCTOBER FILE uk
PENITENZIAGITE si
STAUB UND SCHATTEN at

2nd Stage
CATAMENIA fi
MACHINEMADE GOD de
HATE pl
ALESTORM sco
more to follow
--------------------------------------------

saturday, 5th of july
Mainstage

APOCALYPTICA fi
ICED EARTH usa
AMON AMARTH se
MESHUGGAH se
FINNTROLL fi
LEGION OF THE DAMNED nl
MERCENARY dk
THE SORROW at
PERISHING MANKIND at

2nd Stage

TANKARD de
DARK FORTRESS de
DEAD BEYOND BURIED uk
GORILLA MONSOON de
+ newcomer bands tbc

sunday, 6th of july
Mainstage

MINISTRY usa
HELLOWEEN de
OPETH se
BEHEMOTH pl
KORPIKLAANI fi
BRAINSTRORM de
EVERGREY se
HACRIDE fr
HERFST be

2nd Stage
FEAR MY THOUGHTS de
TEXTURES nl
SKYFORGER lv
SYBREED ch
DRONE de
+ newcomer bands tbc

monday, 7th of july
Mainstage

MORBID ANGEL usa
SOILWORK se
RAGE de
SAHG no
MYSTIC PROPHECY de
MYSERY SPEAKS de
+ opening act

2nd Stage
tbc - newcomer bands

tuesday, 8th of july
Mainstage

ARCH ENEMY se
SUBWAY TO SALLY de
ELUVEITIE ch
VOLBEAT dk
ONSLAUGHT uk
BIOMECHANICAL uk
+ opening act

2nd Stage
tbc - newcomer bands

confirmed newcomer bands performing on 2nd stage (day and time tbc):
Abstinenz DE
Arsea IT
At The Lake PL
Attica Rage UK
Barehanded SI
Batina SI
Before The Dawn FI
Ceremony of Opposites NL
Cold Snap HR
Creature BE
Damnation Defaced DE
De Profundis UK
Deus Ex Machina DE
Devastating Enemy AT
Distorted Impalement AT
Dreamshade CH
Forced Evolution BE
Human Cluster IT
Inmate SI
Koziak HR
Lacerator AT
Moltencore HR
Muilaff CH
Nailed Coil FI
Necropsy DE
Planet Rain SE
Reek Of Death AT
Sertycon AT
Silent Shout HU
Soulside DE
Thraw SI
Zyanide CH
more to follow!

For those of you who don't know, Metalcamp is a metal music festival held annually in Slovenia since 2004. METALCAMP HOLIDAYS 2008 will happen between 3rd and 9th of July..

Last year the news about the very first metal holidays in European festival history shook the scene like a hurricane. All in search of something more, something new and something different finally found their new favorite location for their very special heavy metal vacation.

Ladies and gentlemen, vampires and zombies, we are proud to inform you about the second edition of METALCAMP HOLIDAYS! So all who already enjoyed a week of hell in paradise and all who are about to experience it for the very first time, take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the second edition of real metal vacation.

Imagine yourself head-banging in the cool blue river, with a cocktail in one hand and beer in the other, surrounded with metal brothers and beautiful chicks from all over the world… this is what we call metal vacation!

Underground bands are always welcome at METALCAMP festival, so if you think your band should play at METALCAMP holidays 2008, don’t wait and apply for the Second stage - the application form will be online soon at www.metalcamp.com.

METALCAMP HOLIDAYS 08 will happen between 3rd and 9th of July 2008.
This will be the very special year for the festival because we will be celebrating the 5th anniversary of METALCAMP festival. You don’t have to come for all 7 days, but you will anyhow change your mind when you get there.

ENJOY 7 DAYS IN HEAVY METAL HEAVEN!
METALCAMP 08
3.-9. OF JULY 2008
www.metalcamp.com

I may actually attend. One guy who works at the local comic book store is going so I might try and tag along with him.
Only problem is I'm 100% going to BOA next year, and was hoping to hit up Wacken. So it's either Wacken or this. I'll wait and see how the line up ends up like by Christmas.

Undecided between Metal Camp and Wacken next year. Saving up funds but I'll only have enough to attend one.:erk: Travelling anywhere with a connecting flight is shitty for me cause the US Embassy is giving me a hard time with a visa, wihch is pretty stupid cause I dont want to stay there, just passing through.

Well I will of course update this thread (first post) with every new confirmed band + any special metalcamp offers, news or whatever. Some of the early info (more like rumours) that i've gathered hint it will be a 3-day festival this time. Supposedly over 25000 people showed up at Metal Camp this year which is awesome!:) I hope they're stay true to their word and really put together a powerful line-up for the anniversary!

hell-o MC fans - we are stepping fast forward!

i am happy to be able an anounce another legend... one of germanys best power metal bands ever the outstanding RAGE with guitar weirdo VICTOR SMOLSKI are confirmed to burn METALCAMP 08!!!

as you might already see - the 5th anniversary METALCAMP line up is turning out to get VERY VERY special! be prepared

check out:
www.rage-on.de
www.myspace.com/rageofficial

Sounds good.:)

Do the festivals like Wacken and Metalcamp have actual hotels to stay in, or is it just camping? I'm going to try to go go Europe next year, and I'd love to make one of these festivals. I want to Wave Gotik Treffen (in Leipzig, Germany) back in 2001, and I had a ball. (It was also inside the city, so my friends and I just shared a room at the downtown Hilton.)

Festivals themselves only organise the camping thing I believe, whether you can stay in a hotel depends on the local hotel capacity I guess. Speaking for Metalcamp you can rent a room in the town of Tolmin, but it's a rather small town so there's not many of those to go around.:)

A small update: I just read today that Celtic Frost will play on JULY 5th, 2008. Which is Saturday, so I'm guessing Metalcamp will take place on that weekend, probably ending with this Saturday.

The small town where Wacken is held has no hotels from what I recall, but people who live there sometimes rent out rooms to Festival goers.
But the actual town of Wacken should have a hotel, or at least one. It's not a big town but it's not THAT small either, only problem is you'd be having to get an expensive bus or taxi into the festival every day from it :\

The small town where Wacken is held has no hotels from what I recall, but people who live there sometimes rent out rooms to Festival goers.
But the actual town of Wacken should have a hotel, or at least one. It's not a big town but it's not THAT small either, only problem is you'd be having to get an expensive bus or taxi into the festival every day from it :\

Nono, Wacken actually IS the small town, the next bigger towns are Itzehoe and Kiel!

OK, so there is at least some sort of option.

Coming from America, Europe is going to be uberexpensive for me anyways, as our dollar is now extremely weak against the Euro. So I might as well go all out and hire cabs if I actually do this :headbang:

OK, so there is at least some sort of option.

Coming from America, Europe is going to be uberexpensive for me anyways, as our dollar is now extremely weak against the Euro. So I might as well go all out and hire cabs if I actually do this :headbang:

Well if money is an option, then Metal Camp is probably quite less expensive. The festival ticket will probably be cheaper + Slovenia is far from being as expensive as Germany IMO. But you have plenty of time to decide IMO. I'm just trying to provide as much info as possible for you all.

Here you can find out more about accommodation in Tolmin (where Metal Camp is held) and the surrounding area. In Addition you have an online-booking module there. Makes it easier for you because it's in english... :)

appartements and hotels
Hotel Hvala***
Hotel Krn***
Hotel Lucija
Apartmaji Kavcic***
Poèitniška hiša Leban
Poèitniško stanovanje Jesenšek
Poèitniško stanovanje Rademacher**
Poèitniško stanovanje Re-mi***
Zasebne sobe Dora Blazetic**
Apartmaji Jazbec****
Apartmaji Kotlar

More hotels and a search-function including online-booking you can find here

private rooms
Poèitniško stanovanje Jesenšek
Pension Rutar***
Poèitniško stanovanje Re-mi***
Sobe Panjtar
Zasebne sobe Cernilogar**
Zasebne sobe Dora Blazetic**

guest-house, holiday homes
Dom Soca
Pocitniška hiša Leban
Nebesa

More youth-hostels and a search-function including online-booking you can find here

PS: This is the part of the world where Metal Camp is held. Hard to believe it.:) No way is there a more beautiful festival location.