Metalcamp 2008

Well, a lot of people are into that sort of stuff. So I can't really say it's bad. If they want to bring diverse bands over, great. More people will come. I might actually check these dudes myself since they seem to have pretty decent reviews on metal-archives + you know ...I can keep an open mind if I want when it comes to Metal, Industrial Metal isn't a bad thing. Samael is one of my favorite bands, I'm also very partial to Pain and I'm sure there's more. We'll see.

I don't mind industrial, I listen to a lot of electronic industrial music. It's just ministry are rubbish. I remember seeing them live, to sum it up it was basically a bunch of bush quotes and then them saying Jesus like a billion times.

A little sad that the weekend has been moved, but nice with the ekstra days after the festival.

Last year we had a vacation at 3 weeks, first going to Metalcamp and then wacken, but next year can be first Graspop and then Metalcamp, and it can be done at 2 weeks instead of 3, så i think it will be okay then... :)

Dahm, the summer is far far away....

A little sad that the weekend has been moved, but nice with the ekstra days after the festival.

Last year we had a vacation at 3 weeks, first going to Metalcamp and then wacken, but next year can be first Graspop and then Metalcamp, and it can be done at 2 weeks instead of 3, så i think it will be okay then... :)

Dahm, the summer is far far away....

How do you guys travel, and sleep?

POWER & MELODY CONFIRMED FOR METALCAMP 08: HELLOWEEN & MYSTIC PROPHECY

You love it hard, but of course heartily? With a mass of melody, dedication to detail, but also enough dynamit? So we certainly can refine your headbanger’s holidays 2008 with the top-rated German speed- and power metal band HELLOWEEN. These metal gods, whose next opus “Gambling With The Devil” is already prepared to hit the scene, will care for the ideal sound-scenery adequate to the bang- and relax-atmosphere of the festival and charm the fans with traditional, passionate hymns.

Besides the power-metal-sensation of the hour – MYSTIC PROPHECY – will contribute to this. The likewise German combo currently stands at the top of the true metal fractions with their latest release “Satanic Verses”. A melodic, homemade inferno will fall in…

Great news as far as I'm concerned. Helloween especially. Seen them live in 2006, can't wait to see them live again.

Great! I'm seeing Helloween tomorrow as well, together with Gamma Ray. Hope they will play Halloween.

Man I'm so pissed off at the fact that this tour isn't stopping by over here! They're hitting up every country around Slovenia, but not Slovenia! Damn them!:D Really have no idea why there's no show over here.:/ At least I'll see Helloween next year.

some new great bands @ METALCAMP:

APOCALYPTICA
MERCENARY
THE SORROW

cheers

stefan

More new bands. I have never seen Apocalyptica live and I had always planned to eventually, so I guess I'll see them at Metal Camp 08. I think I saw Mercenary with Nevermore in 2005, but didn't pay much attention to them then, seems they have good reviews at metal archives. I'll check them out. As for the Sorrow, no idea who they are.:D

+ FINNTROLL
after their 2004 apperance the trolls will be back to devastate MC 08.
+ DRONE
german modern thrash monsters - check them out - very good band http://www.myspace.com/dronemetal

Two new bands. While I've lost a lot of interest in Finntroll ever since Katla left, I won't mind seeing them again. The last time I did was at MC 04. Finntroll were also one the first ''non-mainstream'' metal bands that I got into back at the start of my metal journey:D