METALCORE anyone?

I have a hard time classifying BTBAM as metalcore... I'd put them closer to tech metal... the new album is full of insane, hard to play riffs, and tons of sweeps and shredding all over the place... they just seem so out of place in the metal core genre.

And Converge is very awesome. You Fail Me was an amazing album!

Closest thing to metalcore that I listen to is Burn It Down, Amongst The Swarm, Sinai Beach (even though there x-tian), The Zimmerman Note,
Despised Icon, Shadows Fall, God Forbid and Killswitch Engage go ahead
and bag me for some reason I think their listenable.

LMFAO@ DSE'S Signature!

Never noticed the Crown and Ace of base covers before-:Chuckles:

I dunno-I still have a hard time seeing LAMB OF GOD as Metalcore, they seem to blend too many grind and death elements into their music for that.

CONVERGE is a decent band-RINGWORM too-vocals notwithstanding.

The Black Dahlia Murder (well, their first two cds... The new one is pretty shit) and the Absense are well, pretty far from Metalcore as is currently defined. So, considering the above I guess I only really like one metalcore band - Dead to Fall... Those guys are pretty fuckin' sick and they keep it simple but damnably sweat.

Hm. Now that I think about it... Most guys I know classify The Classic Struggle as metalcore but I dont hear it in them at all just like BDM/Absense. The Classic Struggle, to my ears, are straight up melo-thrash.

Converge is anything but Metalcore if anyone was to ask the question again. "You Fail Me" is a big letdown but Converge did kill themselves by releasing Jane Doe , their Alpha & Omega album.

To all who say BDM aren't metalcore, sorry to bust your bubble, but the majority of the world thinks they're metalcore. They certainly have a lot of Death Metal elements but they also have many metalcore elementssuch as the Neo-Maiden melodic riffage that like 90% of all metalcore has. Despised Icon has been labelled Death-Metalcore, so why don't you just settle for that?

Also to Acidbather, NEVER call Nasum metalcore, they were grind and they were one of the more influential bands in the genre. I wouldn't say they 'are becoming posterboys' for anything either as they aren't a band anymore(didn't you hear about the Tsunami?).

ThousandBeingPlague said:
To all who say BDM aren't metalcore, sorry to bust your bubble, but the majority of the world thinks they're metalcore. They certainly have a lot of Death Metal elements but they also have many metalcore elementssuch as the Neo-Maiden melodic riffage that like 90% of all metalcore has. Despised Icon has been labelled Death-Metalcore, so why don't you just settle for that?

Also to Acidbather, NEVER call Nasum metalcore, they were grind and they were one of the more influential bands in the genre. I wouldn't say they 'are becoming posterboys' for anything either as they aren't a band anymore(didn't you hear about the Tsunami?).
their newer album isnt metalcore as much, but it blows

Funniest thing about this thread is some moron tried to say fucking NASUM was metalcore? The humanity...

Agalloch said:
Funniest thing about this thread is some moron tried to say fucking NASUM was metalcore? The humanity...

I thought the funniest thing was watching 9 kittens hang themselves with yarn at the disgust of this threads conception. :(

Heavy Metal!
63.jpg

Get into the pit you fucks!
normal_51.jpg

Let's all go to the party now.
72.jpg

c7.gif

ThousandBeingPlague said:

I may have intimated that they APPEARED to be going Metalcore, but I don't remember calling them by said label.As for the tsunami, I totally spaced on that...sorry.

Ceremony said:
I like the Dillinger Escape Plan and the Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain are pretty good, but if I was going to listen to metalcore, I'd go for bands like Buried Inside (their album 'Chronoclast' is in-fucking-credible). I've got quite a few metalcore bands reviewed on my website. Feel free to check them out, it should give you a few ideas on similar bands.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to mention Converge too - possibly the kings of mathcore :-D

astrofaes said:
The Acacia Strain are pretty good, but if I was going to listen to metalcore, I'd go for bands like Buried Inside (their album 'Chronoclast' is in-fucking-credible). I've got quite a few metalcore bands reviewed on my website. Feel free to check them out, it should give you a few ideas on similar bands.

Buried Inside isnt really metalcore...

I can't stand a majority of Metal-core. A good bit of it is generic and recycled. The themes that come along with a lot of it are stupid, the "crowd" of it is stupid and a lot of them pass themselves off as Metal when they're really just Hard-core bands with a bunch of baseball cap wearing jocks as their fans. 2-Step dancing and the constant breakdowns that 90% of Metalcore bands have that cause it need to dissassociate themselves with music.

That being said, some Metalcore is tolerable but as a majority it's an even worse interpratation of the already horrid state of Gothenburg/Melodic Death Metal.

When it comes to metalcore I like the Haunted and Lamb of God but I despise bands such as Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying, etc.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
When it comes to metalcore I like the Haunted and Lamb of God but I despise bands such as Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying, etc.
so you're basically saying, you like the shitty bands, buy despise the shittier bands...