METALCORE anyone?

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
When it comes to metalcore I like the Haunted and Lamb of God but I despise bands such as Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying, etc.

Avenged sevenfold are a bunch of christian pussies. I haven't heard any of their music, but I have heard th same said about As I lay dying.

The only shitty things about Lamb of God and The Haunted is that they are played out. A lot of good bands get ruined by popularity; if we weren't all sick of them, I'm sure there would be less people saying these bands suck.

ACIDBATHER said:
Avenged sevenfold are a bunch of christian pussies. I haven't heard any of their music, but I have heard th same said about As I lay dying.

I don't like either of those bands but by basically saying a band sucks based soley on the reason that they're a Christian band or a band with Christian members is pretty stupid.

I didn't say all christian bands suck-but most of them do.:D

If forced to choose to listen to such drivel, I would rather hear bands like IN DWELLING or VENGENCE RISING.TOURNIQUET was a good band back in their day,And they deserve hella respect for pissing off the church with songs like ARCH OF SUFFERING-An animal rights song. The GREG MINIER Projects (BRIDE, APPLEHEAD) were good, as was DELIVERANCE and even SCATTERED FEW.

Shit, I would sooner listen to TROUBLE or KING'S X before I would listen to ASF.If you want to listen to crappy music with an even crappier message-be my guest.

Metalcore is crap...The Haunted btw is Thrash metal and Mastodon is something i dont know but its not metalcore. Anyway, fuck this genre...i used to listen to Hatebreed and stuff like that but wtf! The singers are all the same with their "wannabe-growls" trying to be as metal as possible with their down-tuned guitars and blast-beats.

Puppet said:
i used to listen to Hatebreed and stuff like that but wtf!

I still think Satisfaction is the death of desire was a great album-one of the best the genre has to offer.But I like bands that constantly scream about prison and their hard street lives about as much as I enjoy bands that preach drugs and/or politics all of the time...I don't.

Final analysis:Best Metalcore band ever is LIFEBLEED.

ACIDBATHER said:
NASUM is good too, but they, like HATEBREED, are fast becoming the Straight edge poster boys.

Nasum is grindcore...and I believe the band broke up a while ago, so I don't know how they are fast becoming the "straight edge poster boys." Heaven Shall Burn is a good metalcore band. Not much into metalcore. Most of it sounds the same...but then again, there are some fish who swim different ways...

I don't like much metalcore because I think the scene has too many bad bands. The growling verses to off-key clean choruses are annoying and every song has a 'mosh' part to it.

Every metalcore guitar player should have a shrine to 'Slaughter of the Soul' in their hovel.

Witchburner said:
Go ahead and load up your arsenal of weapons. I'm ready for the attack
that's about to be bestowed on me.

does anyone listen to bands like The Haunted, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Mastodon etc. etc. ?
I confess that for awhile I was into the first Mastodon album and
Lamb of God but that's about it.

I had the pleasure(laughs) of seeing Mastodon open for Iron Maiden... never having heard them, only good things about them... and it was the worst most boring hour of my life... its bad enough having to wait for Maiden... but when a band that awful is opening its even worse...

but I don't judge music... I like what I like and anything I say are just opinions and... so all ya Mastodon fans... I'm glad you can rock out to it

I've also seen The Haunted, Lamb Of God and Shadows Fall live... Shadows Fall 'live' being my fav of those 3... Can't stand their albums... loved them live...lol the other 2 are great aswell

Lord Divine said:
Nasum is grindcore...and I believe the band broke up a while ago, so I don't know how they are fast becoming the "straight edge poster boys."

Lord divine, I retracted the (mis)evaluation I made of Nasum earlier in this thread and duely apologized for forgetting that the vocalist/guitarist died in the Tsunami.

Insilden_The Shred said:
I had the pleasure(laughs) of seeing Mastodon open for Iron Maiden... never having heard them, only good things about them... and it was the worst most boring hour of my life... its bad enough having to wait for Maiden... but when a band that awful is opening its even worse...

one of my friends also went to that concert(in Sweden) when Maiden was headlining and the supports were Mastodon and In Flames. I mean, Maiden deserve better support than that! He said Mastodon sucked and In Flames only played newer songs from "Soundtrack to your escape" and "Reroute to Remain" so they sucked too.

and btw, i absolutely disgust Shadows Fall...the singer has the worst voice EVER! if you dont count the singer from Hatebreed.

DARKEST HOUR. If you guys havent heard them, check out Undoing Ruin. Even if punkish metal isnt your thing, youll have no choice but to love the pure rocking nature of the band.

And metalcore by definition is, obviously, hardcore and metal, which would make Mastodon and Botch pretty good fits. Lately the meaning of metalcore has turned into KSE/Trivium/A7X bullshit though for whatever reason.

I like Unearth quite a bit. I don't feel Mastodon is metalcore. Haste the Day is also an excellent metalcore band. The vocalist almost has a black metal quality to him.

others:
Between the Buried and Me
Killswitch Engage
Underoath (They were metalcore before they turned emo...)
Converge (although I feel they're more mathmetal)
The Dillinger Escape Plan