Metalcore

You could do with out solos if needed. You just need a slight bit of aggression, and for someone aggressive to be there. No singing, though... that hurts the pit. Bleeding Through screams enough to hold a good pit.

Bleeding Through shouldn't have too many. If they do, don't have fear and knock the shit out of those little fuckers. I aim for them in pits. Just help the cause of the classic brutal mosh and make those bitches realize that river dancing isn't for a pit. There is nothing in the world I hate more than slam dancers (see my avatar).

The last metalcore gig I went to there was a huge guy doing full roundhouse kicks and helicopter arms in the middle of the pit. I later found out he is a kickboxing champion. It was funny watching people trying to mosh around him and avoid possible decapitation.

The last metalcore gig I went to there was a huge guy doing full roundhouse kicks and helicopter arms in the middle of the pit. I later found out he is a kickboxing champion. It was funny watching people trying to mosh around him and avoid possible decapitation.

You met Ami James of Miami Ink??:lol::lol:

That guy is a huge hardcore fan. I remeber him wearing a shirt with NYHC written on the front.

I stopped listening to hardcore/metalcore about 3 years ago... After a while, I just started getting bored of all the clones out there. There are still a select few I listen to but not much.

Stuff like:
Poison the Well (mostly just the album Versions these days)
Shai Hulud
God Forbid (though everything after Determination is crap in my opinion)
Bleeding Kansas (a local band that got moderatly popular on the west coast)
The Postman Syndrome (more hardcore but there are some strong metalcore moments)
Between the Buried And Me (last two albums only)

Saw Poison the Well back then. What a hell of a show. The bass pedal mics were turned up loud as hell too. I could feel that bass in my chest.

Poison the Well (mostly just the album Versions these days)
Between the Buried And Me (last two albums only)

Yeah PTW are great...Versions is an awesome album, although I prefer The Opposite Of December like most ppl. BTBAM are amazing, you should check their earlier stuff too if you haven't...much better than Alaska and I've known a lot of ppl who prefer it over Colors as well (the self-titled at least).

Yeah PTW are great...Versions is an awesome album, although I prefer The Opposite Of December like most ppl. BTBAM are amazing, you should check their earlier stuff too if you haven't...much better than Alaska and I've known a lot of ppl who prefer it over Colors as well (the self-titled at least).

Yeah, The Opposite Of December is a great album. I can't really say if I like Versions more or not. It's too close to call. Both really solid albums in their own way.

As for BTBAM, I have heard their earlier work. It doesn't do that much for me. There are a couple songs that are alright but for the most part, I can't get into it. I like chaotic music, but chaotic metalcore usually doesn't do all that much for me. True, their newer stuff still ulitizes chaotic riffs to a degree, but I think it flows a bit better. That's just me though.

Yeah, The Opposite Of December is a great album. I can't really say if I like Versions more or not. It's too close to call. Both really solid albums in their own way.

As for BTBAM, I have heard their earlier work. It doesn't do that much for me. There are a couple songs that are alright but for the most part, I can't get into it. I like chaotic music, but chaotic metalcore usually doesn't do all that much for me. True, their newer stuff still ulitizes chaotic riffs to a degree, but I think it flows a bit better. That's just me though.

The only song I absolutely love on Versions is Prematurio El Baby, but you're right it's a solid album. As for BTBAM, I know what you mean...you either like the early stuff or you don't. They've gone more in a progressive direction lately anyway, which explains why they appeal to more people. Colors was something like #57 on the Billboard 200 according to Allmusic, which is pretty impressive for a band like them.

The only song I absolutely love on Versions is Prematurio El Baby, but you're right it's a solid album. As for BTBAM, I know what you mean...you either like the early stuff or you don't. They've gone more in a progressive direction lately anyway, which explains why they appeal to more people. Colors was something like #57 on the Billboard 200 according to Allmusic, which is pretty impressive for a band like them.

Yeah, I can definitely see why more people like early Posion the Well (Distance Only Makes The Heart Grow Fonder and The Opposite of December in particular). Versions is a pretty big departure from previous works. More progressive and they dropped all the trademark breakdowns. They've gained some new followers on this album but ultimately, it'll never be as widely liked as early works (pre-Tears of the Red).