Metalcore

Well I don't like Dimmu Borgir but are there any other bands that might be worth seeing?

Behemoth is their support act along with Keep of Kalessin.

I think Arsis and Skeletonwitch are going to be at Mad Hatter in Covington soon

It really pisses me off that little to no metal shows come through this fucking city.

The last show I saw that was decent was an Ozzfest off date

Yeah, Cincinnati is a pretty shitty city in general. I go to shows in Louisville, Kentucky pretty often. I'm going to see Incantation, Goreaphobia, and Cardiac Arrest in May so that should be cool.

Is it just me or do like half of these generic cookie cutter deathcore bands come from Ohio?

A lot of generic shit comes from Ohio. The state itself defines the word 'generic'

That's what I've seemed to notice. And if not Ohio, the Midwest in general. Though there seems to be alot of bands cropping up from Australia, Germany, the UK, that are copying the generic Midwest deathcore acts, and doing it worse.

I must admit, Ohio has hosted quite a few quality death metal acts as of late such as Estuary and FaithXtractor. They may not be the epitome of originality but they are definitely what I would consider quality.

Estuary is indeed some quality death metal. I need to get their latest one still. Only thing I have from them is an EP that they put out on CD-R before they made they were on a label.