Metalcore

You gave the typical "metalcore is ATG rip-off with tight jeans and comb-overs" response that most idiots say when describing metalcore. As such, I assumed you were among the ignorant ones.

You gave the typical "metalcore is ATG rip-off with tight jeans and comb-overs" response that most idiots say when describing metalcore. As such, I assumed you were among the ignorant ones.

Well most people that say that are completly ignorant of metal core. But it doesn't mean it isn't more or less true :p

Well, as you probably already know, it just takes a little weeding through the bullshit to enjoy the genre.

No one ever said anything about "all" metalcore bands being like that...read the post. Besides, if we didn't enjoy metalcore we wouldn't be discussing metalcore bands in this thread :)

I've heard the new Protest The Hero album is supposed to be good? I watched one video and it just seemed like commerical whiny crap. Is it worth them checking out?

And there are alot of very good bands in that sig :eek:

It's progish post-hardcore like 'at the drive in'/'the mars volta' (so you would already have to like that style as a prerequisite) but with actual hardcore parts sprinkled about it. IDK, I haven't given them a really thorough listen, but from what i have heard it seemed pretty good.

Though I think V.V.V.V.V. said they absolutely suck at some point. So there are two opinions.

It's progish post-hardcore like 'at the drive in'/'the mars volta' (so you would already have to like that style as a prerequisite) but with actual hardcore parts sprinkled about it. IDK, I haven't given them a really thorough listen, but from what i have heard it seemed pretty good.

Though I think V.V.V.V.V. said they absolutely suck at some point. So there are two opinions.

Yep, you remembered right. I personally find them to be absolutely intolerable shit.