Metalcore

I absolutely love them.
Both albums have been amazing in my opinion and I'm sure the 3rd wont be a letdown.

Any other fans?

the new protest the hero is great. other than really bad song structure theres lots of talent there, and when they mature as a band they'll definitly be something great

I've heard the new Protest The Hero album is supposed to be good? I watched one video and it just seemed like commerical whiny crap. Is it worth them checking out?

And there are alot of very good bands in that sig :eek:

musically, they're fine. It's the vocals that gives me the facepalm. That guy should sing like a normal dude instead of that whiny stuff. A million groups has done that(exaggeration..)

I only like the first album. I'm gonna merge this with the metalcore thread now cuz we were talking about 'em recently!

The Price of Existence has some alright songs from what I've heard but it has some borderline Job For A Cowboy-esque sections.

I've heard the new Protest The Hero album is supposed to be good?

It's actually amazing. Mainly everyone seems to be complaining about the vocals, but I dunno I like them...Fortress has much less of the clean anyway, more growling stuff. They've become much more metal with this release I think.

It's actually amazing. Mainly everyone seems to be complaining about the vocals, but I dunno I like them...Fortress has much less of the clean anyway, more growling stuff. They've become much more metal with this release I think.

The vocals on Fortress are less pop sounding, and more rock/metal/power sounding. The whole album in terms of writing sounds like it's moving in a much heavier, and proggy direction. It's like the band started listening to Symphony X and Helloween before they wrote it. The addition of keyboarding is great, the songs are even more technical, and the lyrics are fucking epic.

Well, for starters because KSE and A7x are pretty universally considered to be some of the worst metalcore bands. So that's kinda like listening to Manowar to find good black metal...

They're the best example of that particular style of metalcore. I can see if you didn't like that particular style at all, and not liking ASP, but I can't see singling them out.

Yeah, Rose Funeral are around where I live. I've seen them live and they're as generic as you get.

Deathcore is pretty hit or miss for me.