Why does nobody like metalcore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedingHearts

New Metal Member
Aug 16, 2007
If i went up to some group of metalheads and said 'hey! whats your favorite type of music?' i would get answers of thrash, death, and black, mainly. But i am a big metalcore fan, and i want to know, why has metalcore died?

There are some really awesome metalcore bands out there eg; Bullet for my Valentine, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Still Remains, and yet when i ask people about them, they either hate them or havent heard about them. WHY!? i ask you...why!?

If i went up to some group of metalheads and said 'hey! whats your favorite type of music?' i would get answers of thrash, death, and black, mainly. But i am a big metalcore fan, and i want to know, why has metalcore died?

There are some really awesome metalcore bands out there eg; Bullet for my Valentine, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Still Remains, and yet when i ask people about them, they either hate them or havent heard about them. WHY!? i ask you...why!?
Your nickname is pretty gay, btw.

It's about half that some people genuinely do not like it after trying a ton of different bands in different styles and regional scenes, and half people who think "metalcore" is just a synonym for "gay" because they have only heard Trivium/As I Lay Dying/etc. called metalcore and figure it is all like that (you'd only be about 25% right in that case, though, considering I really do genuinely enjoy metalcore/deathcore/hardcore music and hate Trivium!).

Anyway, I am sick of this kind of thing...just post it in the already-extant metalcore topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.