Metalcore

Who cares what they sing about. Bands can sing about anything, it doesn't and shouldn't have any bearing on what they sound like or why you should listen to them!

OI, have you heard The Sorrow? Their album Blessings From A Blackened Sky is on my most listened to metalcore list (which doesn't exist) lately. I also highly recommend Bridge To Solace's Where Nightmares And Dreams Unite. Awesome shit.

Lyrics matter but it shouldn't dictate your judgment on the music, tbh.

I checked out both bands a while ago and I remember not liking Bridge To Solace that much. I'll check them both out again, though.

Do u mean that it doesnt matter what they sing about ? An example is : death metal - sings about death and romance, so metalcore should have one of those.

Wow, The Sorrow rule! I really dig the contrasting clean vocals for some reason. I'm starting to appreciate that more and more in metalcore (contrary to popular belief). :p

To me they sound like a much more extreme version of It Dies Today's Sirens, which is already great pop-core :)p) in my opinion. IDT's first album is close to The Sorrow's sound but on TCC, It Dies Today switch between catchier poppier songs and brutal metalcore.

I'm a giant fan of Metalcore, I started off with bands like All That Remains, Avenged Sevenfold(I actually looked at them as the epitome of what I looked for in Metalcore), then progressed to what I like to call 'phase' metalcore, Bring Me The Horizon(yes, I hate to admit it but I was a fan), and some Deathcore. But as of so far, here are my top favs.

- Between the Buried and me
- Parkway Drive
- Becoming the Archetype
- Heaven Shall Burn
- It Dies Today(The Caitiff Choir, Imo new shit sucks)
- All That Remains

So, I'm not a metal-genius but what exactly do these bands have in common, aside from their genre? Because I find some bands that resemble others I'm really just not a fan of. For instance someone asked me how I could listen to HSB and not Suicide Silence, when personally I just detest them.

Dissimilar. It is good but a different style. DPR is much more metalcore leaning, Confusion Bay is a fun pseudo-thrash/groove/industrial metal album. The lyrics all suck also.

Oh and their first album is crap imo. They have a new one coming out this year, Wasteland Discotheque. Psyched.

Nice, is it supposed to be in the same vein as Death Pop Romance?

So I just downloaded Faust Again - Hope Against Hope. I was very impressed as it is certainly not your typical metalcore. I was especially impressed with the instrumental, Dream of You is Like a Dream of a Better Day. SO good.

Damn, i thought he meant Maroon5. I think thats the most wanna-be "rock" bands i`ve ever heard. And their style is also crappy.

I dont usually listen to metalcore, i mean i only know 4-5 metalcore bands, but thx for the suggestion.

See You Next Tuesday
Through the Eyes of the Dead
old JFaC
A Life Once Lost
Norma Jean's O God the Aftermath
New Despised Icon is metalcore

Nice, is it supposed to be in the same vein as Death Pop Romance?

So I just downloaded Faust Again - Hope Against Hope. I was very impressed as it is certainly not your typical metalcore. I was especially impressed with the instrumental, Dream of You is Like a Dream of a Better Day. SO good.

It's not, no...they got a new singer and signed to Lifeforce from Nuclear Blast...you can imagine they changed sounds :p

Hope Against Hope is fucking awesome! Get their first album too (Seizing Our Souls)...I need to check out more Polish-core. :p