Metalcore

nissan

Sep 3, 2005
There are some good metalcore bands out there, like All Shall Perish, With Passion, Neaera etc (my opinion)...

Any others?

Please don't post bands like Black Dalia Murder that everyone already knows about and suck. :kickass:

The only metalcore band I like is Starkweather. Of course, I haven't delved too far into the genre but, so far, not my cup of tea.

Converge
Botch
Turmoil
Picture The End
The Red Chord
Ion Dissonance
Psyopus
Norma Jean (1st two albums)
The Chariot
Despised Icon

Try later Biohazard. You should of at least heard the name since they're fairly known.

Converge
Botch
Turmoil
Picture The End
The Red Chord
Ion Dissonance
Psyopus
Norma Jean (1st two albums)
The Chariot
Despised Icon

Some Converge songs are quite unsettling. Turmoil are ace. Dont care about the rest.

On metalcore, do you all find it hard to believe it blew up to be this popular?

On metalcore, do you all find it hard to believe it blew up to be this popular?

Yes. It actually freaks me out how one band came along doing metalcore and it was fairly original and everyone liked it, and then thousands of identical bands just cropped up and for some reason they're all commercially successful too. I mean, with nu-metal you could tell Slipknot from Fallen to and Korn from American Headcharge... but with metalcore it's hard to tell where still remains ends and unearth begins. It is wank.

Yes. It actually freaks me out how one band came along doing metalcore and it was fairly original and everyone liked it, and then thousands of identical bands just cropped up and for some reason they're all commercially successful too. I mean, with nu-metal you could tell Slipknot from Fallen to and Korn from American Headcharge... but with metalcore it's hard to tell where still remains ends and unearth begins. It is wank.

So you can't tell Converge from Killswitch Engage? Or Despised Icon from As I lay Dying? Are you deaf?

There are some good metalcore bands out there, like All Shall Perish, With Passion, Neaera etc (my opinion)...

Any others?

Please don't post bands like Black Dalia Murder that everyone already knows about and suck. :kickass:

Oblige
The Faceless
Whitechapel ( http://www.myspace.com/whitechapelmetal )
The Acacia Strain
Beneath The massacre... although the new CD wasn't that good in my opinion. bit too "tech breakdown by numbers".

The only metalcore I even listen to anymore with any consistency is KsE and the first two Trivium albums. I've lost almost all interest in this genre.

6h6PE5w.jpg

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné