Metalhead: acording to Wikepedia...

Evil?

omghaxlol!1
Jun 25, 2005
Grand Haven, MI
Some pretty funny lines in there...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalheads

"Metalhead" is the most popular term for a devoted fan of heavy metal music. Many metalheads believe that metal eschews trivial parts of music such as love and delivers music in the heaviest, most-concentrated form. Although metalheads are not as prevalent as they were in the 1980s, there is still a prominent fan base for metal. Metalheads are usually young, between the ages of 10 and 30. Most of these youths have a strong hatred for convention and conformity. They sometimes sport long hair, and dress in a distinctive manner. The typical attire of this subculture includes black band or concert t-shirts, denim jeans, and black shoes or boots. Also often worn are denim and/or leather jackets and spike bands on either the forearm or neck (see heavy metal fashion). Metalheads are still fairly common today and children are becoming metalheads at an early age. In the past, metalheads were usually male. More recently, however, more and more females have imbraced the subculture.

The word "metalhead"'s etymology is similar to "pothead"; ie, one who likes metal to the point where it is a defining factor in his/her lifestyle.

Metal music does not lend itself to traditional dance, but foot tapping and in particular head nodding are common - this last so vigorous at times that it's referred to as headbanging. At metal shows there will frequently be a mosh pit, a sort of crowd based dance.

Metalheads oftentimes distinguish themselves by the type of metal they listen to. Someone who listens to power metal may not associate himself with someone who likes death metal or grindcore. With the emergence of metalcore, the fusion of metal-like riffs and breakdowns, fashion, and ideals, metalheads may take pains to distinguish themselves from the more fashion-conscious and metalcore fans (sometimes derisively referred to as fashioncore).

"True" and "old school" metalheads tend to dismiss or scoff at mainstream forms of metal, which have traditionally been hair metal (1980's), nu metal (1990's) and more recently metalcore (2000's). They often see bands who play these styles as poor or watered down representations of the metal sound. While metalcore has been more heavily influenced by underground metal than nu metal or hair metal (and has in fact existed since the mid 80's), its modern incarnation has not sat well with many metalheads of this type, who do not consider it to be a "true" form of underground metal. Meanwhile, many young music fans who are getting into metal via metalcore appear to embrace it.

Unlike the punk and gothic scenes, metal does not have a particularly defined culture, although many metalheads dress in a similar fashion and many are often interested in similar subjects (such as horror movies, science fiction, occultism, blood and gore imagery, etc.) and other topics reflected in traditional and underground metal music. Some subgenres, however, do have a particular culture assossiated with them, such as black metal and metalcore.

Some metalheads use specific words to describe their music, such as "brutal" (or "br00tal" on the internet), "necro,"(or "neckr0"), "cult" (or "kvlt"), or grim(or "gr1m"). "Brutal" usually describes a particularly intense form of death metal or grindcore; meanwhile, "necro", "cult", and "grim" typically describe strains of black metal that is of the raw, minimal, 2nd wave persuasion.

Metalheads have occassionally been depicted in the movies. Detroit Rock City (1999) is perhaps the most famous example, as it follows the exploits of four young metalheads in the late 70's. Stereotypical metalheads were depicted in 1984's This is Spın̈al Tap, 1994's Airheads (though some may see them as grunge fans), as well as 2000's Little Nicky.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalheads"

I get a very "Discovery Channel" vibe from that article,like,"Witness the mating ritual of the endangered blue-footed panda". It's like I'm all of a sudden some zoo exhibit.

And for the record, i have NEVER used the terms "necro", "cult" or "grim", describing my music.

Wicked Child said:
And for the record, i have NEVER used the terms "necro", "cult" or "grim", describing my music.

Yeah, and don't forget "Br00tal", to tell the truth I don't think I ever came across a fellow Metalhead using these terms.
They also forgot to mention that Metalheads should never be stared at directly as they are the direct spawn of Satan and will surely corrupt one's soul or worse case scenario, turn you into one yourself. :loco:

Wicked Child said:
I get a very "Discovery Channel" vibe from that article,like,"Witness the mating ritual of the endangered blue-footed panda". It's like I'm all of a sudden some zoo exhibit.
:lol:

Still this article forgot to mention the eating and sexual patterns.

Wicked Child said:

:lol:

I think if ya wanna see some use of "cult", "necro" or maybe even Br00tal, you could probably find some over in the General Discussion forum. :D

Wicked Child said:

Becuse you are INTELLIGENT, oftenly the users of kult, br00tal, tr00 etc are the dimwits who troll 99.9% of the metal forums.

Hmmm, a Discovery channel or National Geographics show on metalheads will be neat :loco:

rokk said:
I'm curious what those would be. ;)

So am I....
hypnotized.gif