Metallica - ... And Justice For All (10/10)

metal paddy said:
you nicked mine you seen what i had and then copied me you TOSS POT

Ah, so you DO like Kampfar? And with the avatar you have currently I'd imagine you toss yourself off with alarming frequency, so "Pot. Kettle. Black." springs to mind. Wanker. :loco:

COBHC420X said:
I get bored of AJFA after a while. Cant hear any fucking bass, hard to listen to. Great album none-the-less, and the peak of Lars's drumming as well.

I agree with all of these points: great drumming, lack of bass, and, at times, boring. The title track starts out great then slowly loses steam and becomes a borefest.

Overall, it's the 3rd best Metallica album, IMO. Still a classic, of course....

I thought this album boring until I heard the song "Eye of the Beholder" on the radio one day. It was funny, because I think of it as a boring song today, but at the time with the song not surrounded by the rest of the album it sounded pretty kick ass, brooding.

Oh yeah I agree with this review. This album is totally kickass, and definetly my favorite by Metallica. The ammount of aggression on this one is mindblowing.. Not a surprise that they went a different way after this one.. Nothing after it, in the same style, could have sounded as angry, as driven and as honest as this one..

100/10

10/10 hardly ... MOP is 10/10 ...
AJFA maybe a 7/10 ... at most

I'd give it 9/10. The horrible mix and inclusion of some filler keep it from being 10/10... but it boasts some of their best songs: Blackened, ... And Justice for All, One, The Shortest Straw and Harvester of Sorrow.

Listened to ...And Justice For All, Harvester Of Sorrow, and One so far off the album. Harvester Of Sorrow is below average while the other two songs kick butt. Can't wait to listen to the rest.

I love Harvester. The song is crushing. And the main riff is just classic.:kickass:

some of the most enraged politically driven metal I have ever heard

James sounds like he could kill somebody with his vocals in this song (pure anger)

great album

i've never understood the slating of the production, it is incredible, very heavy sound, love the chug on the guitars.. easily the best metallica album, and still one of the best albums ever written... what the hell happened after this to the black album and the shit that followed that is beyond me though!

It does sound a bit dry to me, and the lack of audible bass gets annoying as well. I've changed my stance on this album about three times: it went from being my favourite, to being good but repetitive in places, to being somewhere in the middle nowadays. I still regard it as being the last Metallica classic.

I love Harvester. The song is crushing. And the main riff is just classic.:kickass:

Yeh, so agressive as well, love it man :headbang:

Justice is my fav album my Metallica, I love the little things they chuck into each song, whether it be Lars adding things in between 1,2,3 verses or them adding small parts before choruses, it's a fucken piece of ace :kickass: