""Metallica Brutal as hell?""

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Metallica – Brutal as hell?

According to Close Up writer Martin Carlsson who was a part of a pre listening party featuring a number of journalists from across the world, Metallica’s ‘St. Anger’ will be…

"The songs are brutal as hell, quite possible the most aggressive material the band has ever penned. They go all over the place — the attack is non-stop and shockingly ferocious. Musically, it's twisted, intricate, progressive, fucked-up and, more often than not, ultra-fast metal with industrial tinges. Lars Ulrich's trademark thick drum sound is nowhere to be found. Instead, the snare drum sounds like an oil barrel being smashed into pieces. At times the double-bass drumming reaches supersonic levels of speed and there are even parts that border on blast beats! James sings, screams and makes noises that could be straight out of a gory zombie flick. Traditional guitar solos? Forget it! It sounds as if Slayer's Kerry King and Audioslave’s Tom Morello have had a big sit-down to decide on how to present the next chapter of the equilibristic side of the Devil's music.

“Melodies and catchy choruses? Forget it! It's all riffs, riffs, riffs… It's truly fucking sick stuff. As hard as it might to believe, Metallica have made a musical U-turn that is nothing but sensational. Judging from these five, as-yet-untitled, songs, 'St. Anger' will, hands down, be the most brutal album ever to be released by a multi-million selling act."

_____________________________________-

:headbang:

Blitzkrieg said:
Traditional guitar solos? Forget it! It sounds as if Slayer's Kerry King and Audioslave’s Tom Morello have had a big sit-down to decide on how to present the next chapter of the equilibristic side of the Devil's music.

Sorry but that doesn't sound very encouraging to me... sounds awful infact. I can't stand Kerry King or Tom Morello.

That is an April Fools joke! Theres no way Lars is drumming close to blastbeats, not now, not ever :lol:

I dont have confirmation from anywhere that its an April fools joke, but I know it is, I can just tell :)

Sounds awful if you ask me! Melodies, catchy choruses, guitar solos, etc. are GOOD things! The fact that they had strong melodies and catchy choruses is what made Metallica stand out from your typical generic thrash band back in the old days. What is the point of writing music without melody?

And that Tom Morello and Kerry King thing isn't very promising either. Both suck in my opinion.

I'm fucking excited, and don't forget this guy is a Swede (nothing against Swedes ;) )

I think there will be heaps of melody and terrific NON Kerry King-like solos. But its just such a shock about how hard this music is that he couldn't listen properly ;)

spawn said:
If this turns out to not be an April fools joke, ill eat a cat.

Who's pussy?
eek.gif

wink.gif

:lol: :lol: Ooh clever wordplay! Someone attractive and into metal, then she will deserve it :)

Blitzkrieg said:
Metallica – Brutal as hell?

“Melodies and catchy choruses? Forget it! It's all riffs, riffs, riffs… It's truly fucking sick stuff. As hard as it might to believe, Metallica have made a musical U-turn that is nothing but sensational. Judging from these five, as-yet-untitled, songs, 'St. Anger' will, hands down, be the most brutal album ever to be released by a multi-million selling act."

Unusual but on the multi million bit does anyone remember Slipknot and how many records they sold??

Theres no way Metallica will do anything as brutal as Slipknot (not that theres anything wrong with that), if they do ill eat another cat :)

What I find hilarious is that people constantly bitch about Metallica going "soft" and now there's talk of the new album being their heaviest ever, and people bitch about that too! :lol:

I'll wait till I can download it... sorry, but it first! :D

Yeah I was thinking that when I read someones comments today. People have been complaining about them selling out for the last few years, and now that they are returning from their experimental phase, everyone is complaining and crying sellout again. For god-sake people, make up your mind!

Why can't they just sound sort of similar to what they did pre-black album??? Is that too much to ask? hehe

Load and Reload were Metallica wanting to be COC... I get the feeling St. Anger is gonna be them wanting to be <insert any shit "modern" US band>

I didn't cry sellout :) I just said I don't think Metallica would sound good trying to be brutal.

And anyway... I have no complaint about Load/Reload being soft. I have a complaint about them being ALTERNATIVE sounding. Personally I like the Black album more than Puppets so trust me, heaviness in Metallica meant nothing to me.

I wanna hear classic sounding memorable heavy metal again like the Metallica of old. Chunky riffs and melodic solos and solid song structures and catchy songs.