Metallica record album with Lou Reed

It's terrible.

In defence of the samples/streaming/leak, people might argue;
- It's not a Metallica album, it's a Lou Reed album.
- Metallica have earned the right to do whatever they want.
- Lou Reed is a genius legend, and the rest of us just don't 'get it'.

Bullshit!

- It IS a Lou Reed AND Metallica record. It says so on the box!
- Metallica can also choose NOT to do things. Surely someone in the Metallica camp must have noticed during the writing, rehearsal, recording, production processes that this thing sucks.
- How can people praise Lou Reed, and then mock William Shatner? Was Lou even trying on this? Is he taking the piss? There is nothing genius or legendary about Lulu. Nope, nothing.

It's terrible.

In defence of the samples/streaming/leak, people might argue;
- It's not a Metallica album, it's a Lou Reed album.
- Metallica have earned the right to do whatever they want.
- Lou Reed is a genius legend, and the rest of us just don't 'get it'.

Bullshit!

- It IS a Lou Reed AND Metallica record. It says so on the box!
- Metallica can also choose NOT to do things. Surely someone in the Metallica camp must have noticed during the writing, rehearsal, recording, production processes that this thing sucks.
- How can people praise Lou Reed, and then mock William Shatner? Was Lou even trying on this? Is he taking the piss? There is nothing genius or legendary about Lulu. Nope, nothing.

This is the best post on the internet.

There are a couple of songs where the collaboration works. Such as "Iced Honey" and "Frustration" Where they have created something that sounds unique and listenable. Other songs it doesnt work. Lou Reeds singing is out of key or out of time.

I've listened to it a couple of times now. Some of the lyrics are very weird and fucked up. "Spermless like a girl" WTF?

I wouldn't buy it though, but im not condeming it like some people. Would have preferred more James vocals, but oh well.

There are a couple of songs where the collaboration works. Such as "Iced Honey" and "Frustration" Where they have created something that sounds unique and listenable. Other songs it doesnt work. Lou Reeds singing is out of key or out of time.

I've listened to it a couple of times now. Some of the lyrics are very weird and fucked up. "Spermless like a girl" WTF?

I wouldn't buy it though, but im not condeming it like some people. Would have preferred more James vocals, but oh well.

This is how I felt about it after hearing it too.

The fact that to me Lou Reed sounds like his parts are mainly just edited in, is the problem, probably wouldn't be so bad if Lou wasn't there, more listens and I will probably just get used to it

The music is token at best, even when it seems like it's about to warm up to something it just goes nowhere.
The "singing" takes it from extreme mediocrity to pure turd.

I've finally gotten around to listening to it. I don't hate it. It's not the sort of album I'd listen to in repeat for hours at a time, but if a song comes up in a random playlist I'm not going to skip it. It is a bit like Ferret says though. A lot of buildup with no real payoff.

Oh, and the worst part of the album is *James'* singing.

"Small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl, small town girl".

Still shit.
Actually looks like Jason Newsted playing and singing with them from some angles.. Actually, I wish it was Jason singing.

lulu.jpg