Metallica reverting back to the old ways? (the new setlist)

BastrdDrmr

Jul 29, 2002
Green Oak, michigan
Visit site
http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=1082

Hit The Lights
The 4 Horsemen
Harvester Of Sorrow
Sanitarium
Frantic
Sad But True
Phantom Lord
Leper Messiah
No Remorse
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Damage Inc
Ride The Lightning
Bellz
Blackened
Last Caress
Am I Evil?
Motorbreath

This is absolute insanity (notice the lack of Load and Reload material). Just a few months ago when I found about the summer sanitarium tour I was laughing at it like it was some huge joke. Now I can't wait to buy my fucking ticket!!! If they did Battery, Master, Damage Inc., Blackened, and Fight Fire With Fire in the same gig I swear my head would explode!!
lol.gif

.....now if only In Flames would do this and play almost all stuff from their first albums...

While I'm tempted to accuse them of playing that setlist just because it's what the fans want, I guess I really can't complain about that. I mean, it's a lot better than the alternative. I heard a clip of Frantic, and it wasn't bad, but probably not good enough to actually buy the new album. In any case, this is pretty good news, but I can't really afford to shell out the money for Summer Sanitarium (on top of putting up with all of the openers...).

Yeah i just saw that, suprised the fuck out of me. Good shit! I feel the same way as November Frost. It seems like they're doing it because they want people to forget about Load/Reload, but on the same token I can't complain :headbang:

Savage set. If Creeping Death was in there, it would probably be the perfect Metallica setlist.

Can't wait for the new album and really looking forward to the gig in Ireland in August. :hotjump:

Metallica have always concentrated on older shit. I saw them on the Load and Reload tours and even then they only played a song or 2 off those albums. They always deliver the goods live, they just insist on putting out shitty albums.

Here's another setlist that they played yesterday. It's pretty similar except with the addition of the 80s "classics" like One and Creeping Death.

Blackened
No Remorse
Ride the Lightning
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Creeping Death
Whiplash
Leper Messiah
Master of Puppets
One
Battery
Harvester of Sorrow
Seek and Destroy
Hit the Lights
So What
Breadfan
Damage, Inc.

Here's the tracklist for the 3rd free show at Fillmore or whatever it is. This one wasn't posted at www.metallica.com so I had to do some searching. A couple new tracks leaked into this setlist (ick) but Fight Fire With Fire was added. \m/ Seeing as how Leper Messiah and Blackened have made it on the first 3 nights I think these are sure to be played at Summer Sanitarium... hopefully.

Fight Fire With Fire
Fuel
Leper Messiah
St. Anger
Seek and Destroy
Frantic
Harvester of Sorrow
Ride the Lightning
Sad But True
Fade To Black
Blackened
------
The Four Horsemen
Phantom Lord
------
Die, Die My Darling
Blitzkrieg
Hit the Lights

I have very little to say about this thread...other than Metallica is obviously using a last resort in regaining their old fans back for a sad attempt at a sustaining chance in a genre they hardly matter in anymore. Theyre done, and im not going to bow down to them now...they had their chance long ago.

The Frozen One : I feel honored that you took time to make your signature a response to my avatar caption. Keep up the good work!:D