Metallica Sound (1983-2008). Audio Samples!!!

I'm pretty sure this has been done before...I've seen it floating around the net for quite some time.

I figure he intends to add bass to guitars, vocals and drums. Up to now it was all about adding bass to a finished AJFA recording cause "it wasn't there"...
But judging from these tracks it IS there and adds to the mix substantially, but since it's been played so tightly and basically follows rhythm guitars it isn't easy to be distinguished in the mix.

I figure he intends to add bass to guitars, vocals and drums. Up to now it was all about adding bass to a finished AJFA recording cause "it wasn't there"...
But judging from these tracks it IS there and adds to the mix substantially, but since it's been played so tightly and basically follows rhythm guitars it isn't easy to be distinguished in the mix.

Yeah, I think there is a mix of AJFA floating around somewhere on the net where someone used multiband compression on it, as an expander on certain frequencies to bring out the bass a bit more. Therefore making the bass line a little more audible.

I could be talking out my arse though, I might have been dreaming... :lol:

Agreed! Many of those albums don't sound technically perfect but are very distinctive and after two powerchords or drum beats you'd recognize the album by the sound itself! I find those traits to be mostly missing in today's recordings, I really miss those days.... :erk:

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

[quote="Evil" Aidy;8220835]Yeah, I think there is a mix of AJFA floating around somewhere on the net where someone used multiband compression on it, as an expander on certain frequencies to bring out the bass a bit more. Therefore making the bass line a little more audible.

I could be talking out my arse though, I might have been dreaming... :lol:[/quote]

No you're 100% correct. It was called ...And Justice For Jason, but wasn't completely doing the justice. It was actually some guy who overdubbed himself playing bass on the songs. I'm going to try to get all the tracks, so hopefully sometime in the future! :headbang:

Okay, I hate to necrobump, but I'm aching to get my hands on these samples and all the links are broken! At least the ones to RTL, which are the ones I care most about.
AJFA too, for giggles :)

I'd have liked to get Creeping Death and Dyers Eve. Anybody can zip em and link here ?
I don't care for the other tunes but I'd have loved Orion if it'd have been listed.