Metallica's new freak project record

It does sound better without the constant whining. But, to quote someone, its like saying that the shit I took today was better than the shit I yesterday. It reminds me too much of that awfully boring instrumental in Death Magnetic...

Okay i'm just gonna be honest,
So far i've listened to disc one (The first 6 tracks of it) and I have to say...
I absolutely love it.
Not kidding, no sarcasm, no jokes I actually love the first disc and will check out the last 4 tracks some time later.

Yeah I've heard a lot of people say that it actually isn't that bad. When I get time I will listen to all of it in one hit. I am very curious

I listened to the whole thing yesterday to be fair, and I can now rightfully say it's indeed a "freak" project. Lou Reed mumbles his strange poetry throughout the record as Metallica plays a riff over and over and over and over in the background. Hetfield unleashes a chorus here and there almost stealing the show from Lou Reed's annoying mumbling poetry. Kirk Hammet is absent as there are no guitar solo's or any kind of lead guitar work. The riffs are put on repeat eating much of the time while Reed continues his mumblings. The lyrics are quite hilarious as certain points, but don't see what brought Metallica to tears with emotion. If anything the lyrics bring you to tears in hysterical laughter because they are a comic show. There is a fast song, metallica plays the same couple notes over and over as Lou Reed doesn't really know what to do during this fast part. He's appears to be lost in lyrical transition. This record is like putting chocolate syrup in your orange juice, it just doesn't go together and if they think this album is the best stuff they put out then they need to get off the dope and smell the coffee because this album is truly a joke.

I can, withouth thinking twice, say that this is the worst album I have ever heard. I'm a huge Metallica-fan, but this... I'm at loss of words.

i haven't heard the entire thing from beginning to end yet. i doubt that i ever will. i can't even listen one song in its entirety because Lou annoys the crap out of me. so i don't see myself listening to that for 90 minutes straight

I finished the last 4 tracks earlier and still, I absolutely love it.
So far I know only one other person who actually likes it, along with me.

TheUnnamedOne said:
I can, withouth thinking twice, say that this is the worst album I have ever heard. I'm a huge Metallica-fan, but this... I'm at loss of words.

Fuck. Now I gotta listen to it....and I know I'll regret it....

love metallica but this is pure, class A, undeniable super shit. FUCK THAT! has lou reed had a stroke?

Lou Reed doesn't really even sing he just kind of talks his way through the album and it got to the point where I was saying to myself can't you shut up Lou for just a minute. Lyrical overload overkill.