MetalSucks and Nevermore “Create Your Own Conspiracy” Contest

Matt @ youtube:

Wow guys, I guess I missed the part where just because you're in a band, you can't be a fan of other bands. I thought it was a cool contest, I enjoy the music, and it sounded like fun...not trying to "crush anyone's dreams" or anything of the sort. Good luck to you all.

No one said you have to like it, you just have to deal with it or ignore me ... either will suffice ;)

w/e = careface
Which means you could NOT have uselessly quoted it as I have nothing against anyone on this board and you're no special.

Edit: Oh come on Brooks you call that trolling?

It was directed at guru Ms Cara.
Haha caraface. *gets it now*
THAT's good humor right there.

Also Guru... do you have that human instinct that screams at you when it's trying to tell you that you should probably just stfu and be quiet?

Apparently not.

Also Guru... do you have that human instinct that screams at you when it's trying to tell you that you should probably just stfu and be quiet?

Apparently not.

No don't... like I tell everyone don't like it, don't listen. I am an opinionated asshole plain and simple. It's what makes me who I am. if people don't like it they don't have to listen nor care about the things i say on the inna-netz. just laugh at it and move on even if you don't find it funny. dignifying it with any type of response just brings you down to my level.

As far as Matt's sarcastic response on Youtube, it DOES matter if you're in a contest and:

A. You're good friends with the band

and

B. You're in a professional band already that tours around the world

I'm sure Bruce Dickinson could sing the shit out of it too, but...HE'S BRUCE DICKINSON.

You could've said, "This is my version of the new Nevermore song, but it's just for fun" instead of entering into the contest...IF he has actually entered into the contest. Bad form if he did. Wanna sing onstage with Warrel Dane? THEN OPEN FOR THEM WITH YOUR BAND. And "Good luck to everyone" is insulting to the kids who aren't in pseudo-successful bands who tour and who just want to share the stage with a band they love for once in their life. It's like having a guitar contest for young guitarists for the opportunity to play onstage with their idols, and Yngwie Malmsteen joins in the contest.

And for the record, power metal = hair metal but with more balls. Like it for what it is but you can't deny that fact. It's a genre made up of people who miss the 80's and Kai Hansen's Helloween. There are some good bands but it's all weedle weedle synths, sweep picking, air raid siren vocals, and the same drum beat for every song who want to show you how awesome they are. Again, it's not a bad thing to like it but it's ridiculous to deny it.

As far as Matt's sarcastic response on Youtube, it DOES matter if you're in a contest and:

A. You're good friends with the band

and

B. You're in a professional band already that tours around the world

I'm sure Bruce Dickinson could sing the shit out of it too, but...HE'S BRUCE DICKINSON.

You could've said, "This is my version of the new Nevermore song, but it's just for fun" instead of entering into the contest...IF he has actually entered into the contest. Bad form if he did. Wanna sing onstage with Warrel Dane? THEN OPEN FOR THEM WITH YOUR BAND.

And for the record, power metal = hair metal but with more balls. Like it for what it is but you can't deny that fact. It's a genre made up of people who miss the 80's and Kai Hansen's Helloween. There are some good bands but it's all weedle weedle synths, sweep picking, air raid siren vocals, and the same drum beat for every song who want to show you how awesome they are. Again, it's not a bad thing to like it but it's ridiculous to deny it.

At least someone GETS IT!

good form ... good form! :kickass::kickass:

The issue wasn't with what power metal is. It was the fact that guru decided to refer to bands as "euro" metal regardless of their nationality. Which is just plain fucking bollocks.

Oh and way to totally generalize Power Metal. Sure, I'm not going to deny that Power Metal suffers almost as much as Thrash Metal when it comes to "generic" bands. But seriously "weedle weedle synths"? C'mon man.

The issue wasn't with what power metal is. It was the fact that guru decided to refer to bands as "euro" metal regardless of their nationality. Which is just plain fucking bollocks.

Oh and way to totally generalize Power Metal. Sure, I'm not going to deny that Power Metal suffers almost as much as Thrash Metal when it comes to "generic" bands. But seriously "weedle weedle synths"? C'mon man.

Would you prefer pussy metal?

Had to edit it as I forgot to add something I felt was important to put it into perspective.

I'm not hating on this guy or anything...he's a phenomenal talent whether I like his music or not. But telling the kids "good luck" is akin to saying "fuck you, I'm better than you and I'm gonna win it", even if that's not what he meant. That's how people are gonna view it.

It's like jumping in the ring with Mike Tyson and him saying, "good luck". You might as well quit while you're ahead...or still have a head, rather. Or ears.