MetalSucks and Nevermore “Create Your Own Conspiracy” Contest

Orbsonb has great energy and a good attitude - and of the "regular" entries he still might have the best, but I have to say that entry by Matt is just plain awesome. Yes it's heavily produced, but it sounds damn good and fits the song pretty darn well.

aw, you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

in other news, i've heard a few tracks on the album leaked, including the title track...i can't find them anywhere though. i'm curious to hear what the real one sounds like after hearing approximately 79878358 other peoples' interpretations.

What the fuck is that?

its what I call "power" metal cause there's no power behind it what so ever. basically DT and symphony X without all the technical stuff.....

Hammerfall
Primal Scream
Blind Guardian

You know the hair metal guys who tried to grow balls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1zkXdqcajk

EXACTLY .. although i kinda dig Sonata Arctica, they have done some cool covers.

its what I call "power" metal cause there's no power behind it what so ever. basically DT and symphony X without all the technical stuff.....

Hammerfall
Primal Scream
Blind Guardian

You know the hair metal guys who tried to grow balls

Well you can fuck off.

This kid definitely gets the whole nevermore vibe.

I liked his version too, but Nevermore - for me - have always been about making covers their very own. And I think Matt nailed that spirit with his interpretation unlike most of the other entries I've heard. He made a power-prog song out of it just by using his voice.

I liked his version too, but Nevermore - for me - have always been about making covers their very own. And I think Matt nailed that spirit with his interpretation unlike most of the other entries I've heard. He made a power-prog song out of it just by using his voice.

Which is precisely why I don't like it...lol

Matt is a good vocalist I just hate that his voice is so thin. Hes got amazing control and can hit just about any note ever. His lyrical content isn't very creative, which is why I don't like him so much. hes hella talented though.

blindguardianlive2.jpg

r.e. blind guardian being "euro metal:"

hansi kursch = manliness

O yea???

pee-wee-herman.jpg

Seriously though, just call it fucking Power Metal, the "euro" bit makes no sense. Kreator, Sodom, Gojira, they're European but are they "gay"?

Also, Manowar. Need I say more?