MetalSucks and Nevermore “Create Your Own Conspiracy” Contest

heyyo, goofy cleft lip retard kid here. glad you guys enjoyed it.

i've noticed that several of you called me a huge douche, which is just wrong. i am actually just a REGULAR-sized douche. I don't go around dancing like a chimpanzee having seizures all the time, i just wanted to have some fun and make a goofy video to go along with my song. and yeah, i'm kind of funny-looking, mostly due to the cleft lip and ensuing years of orthodontic horror, but hey, that's me, for better or for worse.

on the flipside i love the nickname "retarded penguin" and will probably describe myself as such for the rest of my life. thanks for that!

photo20q.jpg

My ears did not like that. He can sing and write but it sounds like he's overdoing it in some parts, overshadowing the music rather than complimenting it. But that's just my opinion, of course.

:wave: to orbsonb!

My ears did not like that. He can sing and write but it sounds like he's overdoing it in some parts, overshadowing the music rather than complimenting it. But that's just my opinion, of course.

Might also be the fact that the vocals are quite high in the mix, but yeah I know what you mean.

I like it. That power metal timbre is surely an acquired taste, as is the layering. But from a technical POV, Matt is just an awesome singer. Sneap even said he accidentally captured Warrel's vibe of the chorus.

Well, for me, I think some of these entries, including that one, would be better if not so over-lyricized, if that's spelled right or even a word. Retarded Rhino consistently has a great flow that the ears can follow; not overdone yet the lyrics are strong. These others, at times, go off on tangents that are difficult on the ear. And singing the exact same melody that the guitar is playing, that really irks me haha.
*shrugs*

Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M's are quite good.

wow, that matt smith dude can sing like a motherfucker. i'm wondering why he even bothered entering the contest though...he seems to already be in an established band. smells like he's trying to promote Theocracy at the expense of some Nevermore fans' hopes and dreams, haha. i doubt he'll win; it's kind of cheating, and I think the metalsucks folks would be more willing to pick someone who isn't already well-known in the industry.

Yeah when I read that he's Theocracy, my eyebrow kind of raised. Not that he's any less of a fan than anyone else, but that'd kind of suck to see someone established win this thing, especially when there's such a kickass entry from just a regular fan like yourself. His talent acknowledged, I still prefer yours over his. I honestly think you did a better job constructing yours.

In spite of all that, the contest is after all open to anyone over the age of 18. WD gets the final say anyway.
Edit: But I agree with Cara about your entry.

Heh, yeah that's a big surprise that a power/prog band would be showing off in order to put the rest of us in our place.

I fucking hate prog metal bands.

Well, Matt is a mighty fine dude, I highly doubt he has any sketchy intentions. Don't take his entry too serious, he's just a fan and robbing another guys chance to perform with the band is probably the last thing he wants.