MetalSucks and Nevermore “Create Your Own Conspiracy” Contest

I don't get the drama. It's not like Theocracy is a huge or even big act, but that doesn't even matter. Especially if he's befriended with the band, that'll rule him out, no contest. I don't expect Warrel to favour anyone based on personal relationship. I just don't think he'd do such a lame thing.

And again, I always experienced Matt to be a really nice and gracious guy. Willingly curb-stomping "amateurs" to push his ego or agenda is just not his style.

Ok ok .. in all seriousness I am a fan of some of these bands:

Sonata Arctica
Metallium
Symphony X (they are more Prog really)
Masterplan (w/ Jorn)
Iced Earth
Stratovarius

but Blind Guardian just makes me cringe.

Holy shit, you've just listed some of the most generic Power Metal bands I can think of and then said that you don't like one of the only truly unique ones. You're backwards in the head.

Whatever, opinion n' all that.

We need more genres of metal to make this even more convoluted.....

Black metal
Death metal
Doom metal
Drone metal
Folk metal
Glam metal
Gothic metal
Groove metal
Industrial metal
Metalcore
Neo-classical metal
Nu metal
Post-metal
Power metal
Progressive metal
Sludge metal
Speed metal
Stoner metal
Thrash metal
Alternative metal
Avant-garde metal
Christian metal
Crust punk
Extreme metal
Funk metal
Grindcore
Rap metal
Symphonic metal
Traditional heavy metal
Viking metal

Holy shit, you've just listed some of the most generic Power Metal bands I can think of and then said that you don't like one of the only truly unique ones. You're backwards in the head.

Whatever, opinion n' all that.

Generic?

Sonata Arctica - The ONLY "euro" metal band that truly writes great symphonic music. The talent in this band is extrordinary!

Metallium - Some of the best vocals and songwriting in the entire genere, and they thrash out at times as well. Its called versatility.

Symphony X (they are more Prog really) - The epitome of Progressive metal and they have the BEST vocalist & Guitarist in the genre. If you deny either of their skills you are a tard.

Masterplan (w/ Jorn) - Its Jorn what else needs to be said.

Iced Earth - The best right hand in metal PERIOD, and Barlow is a god (ok last 3 albums sucked but everything before that was a masterpiece. The band is so cool Richard Christy played with them ... come on dude. Easily the most "METAL" of the bunch.

Stratovarius - its Jens Johansson dude him and Malmsteen STARTED this genre of metal with Rising Force. They are the innovators not the imitators!

Get your shit together nub....

We need more genres of metal to make this even more convoluted.....

Black metal
Death metal
Doom metal
Drone metal
Folk metal
Glam metal
Gothic metal
Groove metal
Industrial metal
Metalcore
Neo-classical metal
Nu metal
Post-metal
Power metal
Progressive metal
Sludge metal
Speed metal
Stoner metal
Thrash metal
Alternative metal
Avant-garde metal
Christian metal
Crust punk
Extreme metal
Funk metal
Grindcore
Rap metal
Symphonic metal
Traditional heavy metal
Viking metal

You missed EURO Metal and Pussy Metal ;)

Well, when I read this-

VinceNeilstein — April 14, 2010 — MetalSucks and Nevermore are teaming up on the "Create Your Own Conspiracy" contest to give one lucky fan the opportunity to perform on stage with Nevermore.

-it hardly seems fair to call a successful musician who is friends with the band, to be "one lucky fan."

Mhmm, especially considering that the prize is to perform on stage with one of their favourite bands, something that most people will never get to do. Whereas that Matt Smith guy can perform on stage pretty much whenever he wants.

I think I have a theocracy album laying around somewhere. It's can't recall anything except it being really uber-christian prog metal. I'll have to find it.

Hahaha well I must say, I had a good laugh reading this thread and learning so much about myself! :lol:

Just to clarify a little bit:

1) I am indeed a Nevermore fan.

2) I have never met the band, never taken guitar lessons from Jeff, and don't know any of them personally whatsoever.

3) I am in a band, as are a lot of other people who entered that contest. But I also work a terrible day job to make ends meet, play shows in front of 10 people, and experience all the normal crap people in small bands go through...not really sure where this assumption that we're a stadium-crushing machine came from, but I can assure you it's not the case. :) My band is not even big enough to open for Nevermore, so I really don't get the "Yngwie" and "Bruce Dickinson" kind of comments.

4) Not really sure why guitarguru777 apparently has such a problem with me personally, but I've never met the guy and have nothing against him. If you want to bash me, that's your right, but I ask that you at least base your bashing on facts...for example, I don't have any Dream Theater or Symphony X (or any other band) videos, so please stop throwing out things that aren't true. Fair enough?

5) When I say "Good luck to you all" in a YouTube comment, it simply means "Good luck to you all," nothing more. I'm really surprised about some of the vitriolic responses to my entry. As I said before, I saw a thread about it on the Sneap forum, thought it was a cool contest, thought it would be fun and decided to give it a whirl. That's it. No snarky attitudes, no ulterior motives, no attempt to somehow screw anyone out of anything. Just fun and Metal, I promise. :headbang:

6) I think there are lots of cool entries, and it's interesting that people have interpreted the song so differently. That's the fun of a contest like this, imo.

Anyway, peace, and thanks for checking out my entry. Can't wait to hear the actual album version to see what it's really like!