Michael Romeos Gear

AFoolsParadise

New Metal Member
Apr 7, 2008
I Apologise If This Has Been Posted. I Couldnt Find Anything In The Forum On Search.

I Saw Michael Romeo Today And His Rig Was Different Than Last Time.
Last Time I Recall A Vetta 1 & 2 Head.

Tonight he was using A ENGL
But I Was Curious What Rack Units He Had In His Arsenal.

One Of Them Looked Like A Powerramp Section ( Odd being his Head already had one ) and the other had blue lights, that would jump by everytime he played to the right. Almost like a Mixer.

Is there a topic that discusses all his gear down to the detail?

I saw them last night in Philly and his rig has surely changed. IMO his tone is MUCH better live now. He always is amazing live but his tone used to be hit or miss and sometimes I wouldn't be able to hear him(although I know this has a lot to do with the talent at the soundboard) but his Engl rig was thick full and just BALLS! I saw an Engl Powerball and an Engl Blackmore underneath it. I'm not what else was in there. It sounded excellent!

...check that...it could have been an Engl Fireball on the bottom instead of the Blackmore. The more I thik about it, it probably was.

I Did Not See Any Other Amp.
But It If You Did.

Then Perhaps He Is Using A Channel Selector And Using Each Amp For Lead One For Rhythm. Or Using Both At The Same Time.

I Saw On The Rack. A Noisegate. And Next To It I Could Not Tell.
The Top Had What Looked Like A Clock.

But Under It Was The Unit I Speak Of With The Blue LED Lights.

He got a lot of new gear just before the Euro tour, so there isn't a place online where his current setup is laid out yet. We'll have it on the site when the new version is launched, & I'll try to get more info from him on it when I see them this weekend.

Id think it as a rack tuner.

But during times he would tune his attention was focussed on the floor, to a pedal tuner, so it makes me believe that isnt right

It is very possible he was using a GMaj N GMin

But I did not see the actual rack unit on the rack at all. But there was a whammy effect heard, so there must be an expression pedal on the floor somewhere

He IS using the G-system, or at least was in some very recent tour pics. The G-System is a floorboard setup btw. It's got the option of taking the "guts" out and rackmounting them while using the floorboard as just a footcontroller, but it's primarily a floor-based system.