Michael Stanne's voice

i like the evanescence album. i don't find 'bring me to life' particularly brilliant, but listening to the whole record is kinda pleasant. :Spin:

as for dt, i'd like to have little bits of clean vocals in new songs, just to add some freshness to the music, and i don't see how this would mean sounding more like britney spears by any way. :rolleyes:

Miolo

Miolo said:
i like the evanescence album. i don't find 'bring me to life' particularly brilliant, but listening to the whole record is kinda pleasant. :Spin:

as for dt, i'd like to have little bits of clean vocals in new songs, just to add some freshness to the music, and i don't see how this would mean sounding more like britney spears by any way. :rolleyes:

Miolo

Oh, so you think their music would be better with some freshness, LIKE THEIR MUSIC WASN'T COOL ENOUGH? I know, you didn't say that, BUT YOU THINK IT huh??!! HUH?! :Shedevil:

miolo was pwned here. :p

well for once i think this kind of music sounds fresher without the clean vox. i don't have a very strong opinion about clean singing in dt as of now, though. i think it fits well the songs it's on, and it wouldn't fit as well the ones it isn't, as asinine and dull as this concept may sound...

Reactions: Onyx
krigsbarn said:
Oh, so you think their music would be better with some freshness, LIKE THEIR MUSIC WASN'T COOL ENOUGH? I know, you didn't say that, BUT YOU THINK IT huh??!! HUH?! :Shedevil:
hey, you can't know what i think, because i don't think. :p

in my personal view, growled vocals shouldn't be overused. growling can be compared to shouting in normal conversations. it fits well only in some situations.

but then again, it's just a theoretical point of view, since my fave dt album (the gallery) hasn't any clean vocal. :D

Miolo (pwned)

I don't care for Stanne's clean vocals but they are better than Anders from In Flames's at times though. I hope Stanne continues just using his death growls, they are perfect. Now if Dark Tranquillity could get a guest appearence of Mikeal from Opeth to do the clean vocals then I'm all for it!! *l*

Morfiend said:
I don't care for Stanne's clean vocals but they are better than Anders from In Flames's at times though. I hope Stanne continues just using his death growls, they are perfect. Now if Dark Tranquillity could get a guest appearence of Mikeal from Opeth to do the clean vocals then I'm all for it!! *l*

UHhh?!
What are you doing here?! Who are you anyway ?? And why do you talk, who asked you to talk ??

krigsbarn said:
UHhh?!
What are you doing here?! Who are you anyway ?? And why do you talk, who asked you to talk ??

I haven't seen you here before, who the fuck are you and who told you that you could talk!?

zodi said:
I haven't seen you here before, who the fuck are you and who told you that you could talk!?

I fucking rule this zone, you fucking kneel down when I speak, and you fucking stfu WHEN I TELL YOU TO. Didn't you know that some people are over some others, and that I'm the shit and you're crap?! SO TUT'TUT'TUT'!

Oh, on topic..:

There's one point where Mikael's voice sounds a bit.. (givemethegoddamnenglishwordforit) weird?
2 minute ..something, he sings "..."
Wait, I'll edit this later, my discman just died and one of the batteries has started to smell funny.. :/

I don't care, take me like a guy and be afraid of my balls!!! rofl!

@siren:
I suppose myself to be a girl, but I don't suppose myself to be narrowed to the nobel-price of nice gentle female hahah! *burp* want sum beer? :Smug:

rahvin said:
a photo on the picture thread seems to propagate that line of thinking. i shall nevertheless keep on being slightly annoying to her because she's a mean sassy monkey regardless of her gender. :p

:guh: ..?? mean sassy monkey ?! That almost hurt!! :bah:

*throws a coconut*

krigsbarn said:
I suppose myself to be a girl, but I don't suppose myself to be narrowed to the nobel-price of nice gentle female hahah! *burp* want sum beer? :Smug:
much like i don't want to be narrowed down to the role of axe-wielding midget even though i'm a dwarf. *ting* want sum gold?

As a sidenote I would like to say,
-welcome aboard krigsbarn
-double vocals are the greatest in Dt singings
-through the ebony archways has the best clean vocals by mikael.
-Ejay Street Style has the maxium tempo of 90 beats per minute.