Micke Oretoft, if that is his real name.

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
As in, whatever happened to....?

It's a bit of a running joke between me and my housemate. We'll put DO on and say such humorous things as, "Micke Oretoft kills on the bass" and, "Your favourite bassist is Micke Oretoft".

What is the story behind him anyway?

Micke played bass on the Autumn Wilderness tour, was let into the band when they were about to record Saw You Drown and was kicked out(?) again before D.O. came out. From what I know Micke doesn't even play bass on the album.

I guess he's still around but I'm not sure if he's been making music lately.

Why is he in the credits as having played the bass on that album, then?

Surely they wouldn't have credited him with the job if he didn't do it?!

hmn, im not sure, as a guess i'd say as 2 songs are on the Saw You Drown Ep that are on the DO album to they might have just not bothered re-recording them and left them with him in it, therefore he had done them, OR something like they had the album recorded already anyway or something, but he got kicked before it was released, although it had already been made. those are just guess's i suppose, hmn, the band will be the only ones that will know then...(cough, cough reply) ;)

ahh... if yer diggin' in the past you might stumble upon zum secrets...
Oretoft was kikked out because he couldn't deliver the goods...
we kept the few tracks he managed, then i had to take over and finish the job...
he was kept in the credits for the work and to sustain the picture of a full line-up.

ahh... if yer diggin' in the past you might stumble upon zum secrets...

So, is that all there is to it? I mean, on the Autumn Wilderness tour Micke didn't do such a bad job, I think...and the basslines on D.O. are not *that* complicated, to say the least.

Come on, Anders, give us the dirt. What really happened?:D

To be honest, in a way I feel sorry for Micke. I mean, he got kicked out of KATATONIA!!!

He's probably still doing this: :cry:

Originally posted by the_joy_of_grief

So, is that all there is to it? I mean, on the Autumn Wilderness tour Micke didn't do such a bad job, I think...and the basslines on D.O. are not *that* complicated, to say the least.

that's exactly the point!
we believed he was the man for the job as he was rokking out on autumn wilderness tour,
but when it all came down to the recording,
we realized oretoft was not up to it, he had no sense for the rythm and lacked flow,
so just as u spotted, with basslines that simple, u couldn't really keep him in...

LONG LIVE ORETOFT!!!:lol:

Katatonia.jpg

Dreadfallen, where did you get drunk with Micke Oretoft? Katatonia has never been in Finland with Micke in a line-up.

Ismael? You mean Israphel Wing, right LoboUivante?

Originally posted by phyre
Figures, if you think Israphel Wing is Norwegian... :p

wha? :dopey:

¬³¬Ö¬ã¬ã¬Ú¬à¬ß¬ß¬í¬Ö ¬å¬é¬Ñ¬ã¬ä¬ß¬Ú¬Ü¬Ú:

Dan Swan¨ª | ¬¥¬ï¬ß ¬³¬Ó¬Ñ¬ß¬à
¬á¬â¬à¬æ¬Ö¬ã¬ã¬Ú¬à¬ß¬Ñ¬Ý¬î¬ß¬í¬Û ¬á¬â¬à¬Õ¬ð¬ã¬Ö¬â
¬Ò¬Ñ¬â¬Ñ¬Ò¬Ñ¬ß¬ë¬Ú¬Ü-¬ä¬Ñ¬Ü-¬ã¬Ö¬Ò¬Ö

Micke Oretoft | ¬®¬Ú¬Ü¬Ö ¬°¬â¬ä¬à¬æ¬ä
¬Ò¬Ñ¬ã-¬Ô¬Ú¬ä¬Ñ¬â¬Ñ

Mike Akerfeldt | ¬®¬Ñ¬Û¬Ü ¬¡¬Ü¬Ö¬â¬æ¬Ö¬Ý¬î¬Õ¬ä (Opeth)
¬Ó¬à¬Ü¬Ñ¬Ý¬í

Israphel Wing
¬Ò¬Ñ¬ã-¬Ô¬Ú¬ä¬Ñ¬â¬Ñ

¬Ú ¬ß ¬ä ¬Ö ¬â ¬Ó ¬î ¬ð:

Without God... - ¬ã¬ä¬Ñ¬â¬Ö¬ß¬î¬Ü¬à¬Ö ¬Ú¬ß¬ä¬Ö¬â¬Ó¬î¬ð ¬ã ¬¯¬Ú¬ã¬ä¬à¬â¬Þ¬à¬Þ ¬Ú¬Ù ¬Ø¬å¬â¬ß¬Ñ¬Ý¬Ñ "¬­¬Ö¬Ô¬Ú¬à¬ß". ¬°¬ß¬Ú ¬ä¬à¬Ô¬Õ¬Ñ ¬Ò¬í¬Ý¬Ú ¬Ö¬ë¬× ¬á¬â¬Ñ¬Ó¬Ú¬Ý¬î¬ß¬í¬Þ¬Ú ¬ã¬Ñ¬ä¬Ñ¬ß¬ð¬Ô¬Ñ¬Þ¬Ú.
¬¯¬à¬Ó¬í¬Û ¬Ñ¬Ý¬î¬Ò¬à¬Þ... - ¬æ¬Ñ¬ß¬í ¬ã¬á¬â¬Ñ¬ê¬Ú¬Ó¬Ñ¬ð¬ä ¬¡¬ß¬Õ¬â¬Ö¬ã¬Ñ ¬à ¬ß¬à¬Ó¬à¬Þ ¬Ñ¬Ý¬î¬Ò¬à¬Þ¬Ö. ¬¡¬ß¬Õ¬â¬Ö¬ã ¬ß¬Ö ¬à¬ç¬à¬ä¬ß¬à ¬Õ¬Ö¬Ý¬Ú¬ä¬ã¬ñ ¬á¬à¬Ý¬Ö¬Ù¬ß¬à¬Û ¬Ú¬ß¬æ¬à¬â¬Þ¬Ñ¬è¬Ú¬Ö¬Û. ¬±¬à ¬Þ¬Ñ¬ä¬Ö¬â¬Ú¬Ñ¬Ý¬Ñ¬Þ Katatonia Mailing List.
¬·¬à¬Ý¬à¬Õ¬ß¬í¬Û, ¬á¬å¬ã¬ä¬à¬Û ¬Ü¬à¬ê¬Þ¬Ñ¬â... - ¬Ú¬ß¬ä¬Ö¬â¬Ó¬î¬ð ¬ã ¬¥¬Ø¬à¬ß¬Ñ¬ã¬à¬Þ ¬Õ¬Ý¬ñ ¬ß¬Ö¬Þ¬Ö¬è¬Ü¬à¬Ô¬à ¬Ø¬å¬â¬ß¬Ñ¬Ý¬Ñ, ¬ã¬Ó¬ñ¬Ù¬Ñ¬ß¬ß¬à¬Ö ¬ã ¬Ó¬í¬ç¬à¬Õ¬à¬Þ "Tonight's Decision"

¬ß¬à¬Ó¬í¬Ö ¬á¬â¬à¬ä¬à¬Ü¬à¬Ý¬í ¬Ò¬Ö¬ã¬Ö¬Õ ¬ã ¬Þ¬å¬Ù¬í¬Ü¬Ñ¬ß¬ä¬Ñ¬Þ¬Ú ¬Ò¬å¬Õ¬å¬ä ¬á¬à¬ñ¬Ó¬Ý¬ñ¬ä¬î¬ã¬ñ ¬á¬à ¬Þ¬Ö¬â¬Ö ¬Ú¬ç ¬ä¬â¬Ñ¬ß¬ã¬Ý¬ñ¬è¬Ú¬Ú ¬ß¬Ñ ¬â¬å¬ã¬ã¬Ü¬Ú¬Û ¬ñ¬Ù¬í¬Ü. ¬³¬â¬Ñ¬Ù¬å ¬á¬Ö¬â¬Ö¬Ó¬Ö¬ã¬ä¬Ú ¬Ó¬ã¬Ö ¬Ú¬ß¬ä¬Ö¬â¬Ó¬î¬ð, ¬Ü¬Ñ¬Ü ¬ç¬à¬ä¬Ö¬Ý¬à¬ã¬î ¬Ò¬í, ¬ß¬Ö ¬Þ¬à¬Ô¬å. ¬¡ ¬Þ¬à¬Ø¬Ö¬ä ¬Ò¬í¬ä¬î ¬Ú ¬Ó¬à¬Ó¬ã¬Ö ¬ß¬Ú¬é¬Ö¬Ô¬à ¬ß¬Ö ¬Ú¬Ù¬Þ¬Ö¬ß¬Ú¬ä¬ã¬ñ...

this was the best info i found... :bah: most likely it's in french so i'll go to sleep :bah:

Originally posted by Mirva

Fuck you Dreadfallen, Fred is the best guy ever, so shut up! :Shedevil:

What is this, the fucking Linkin Park forum?

This is typical teenage style bullshit. Can't we get above it?