Nicklasson Out of the Band!

i've only been a fan for a few years and couldn't go to their last concert here in Perth, Australia because it was, literally, 3 days before my 18th).

seeing DT would have been an awesome present / b-day party in advance :kickass: I'd have gone for sure! Or had you already plan a big party before you heard of the concert?

Is it me or am I reading between the lines with this statement?
"Engel recently parted ways with bassist Michael Håkansson (ex-Evergrey). "I've been given a once-in-a-lifetime offer that I just couldn't say no to," Håkansson stated about his decision to leave."

Also: "I am not leaving for another band or for any personal or business related issues within the band. Not at all!!!"

Now, this could get very interesting.

when he states that he is "leaving for my other big dream in life" doesnt that sort of imply that this dream, as opposed to playing bass in engel and then switching to playing bass in DT, is something quite different from what he has done in his life so far?

Well, lets wait and see.

History has shown that the only thing you can surely tell from your average "hey I'm leaving"-letter is that reality is nothing like it's written.

Musicians are funny.