Nicklasson Out of the Band!

well, with the conversation partly focusing on ship size i kind of see his point. :p

@ La Roque: The motion in the ocean will not play any role though if the ship is so small, it just sinks in the open sea. If a certain size is existant then of course the motion becomes important.
Maybe you didn't understand my post or maybe I don't fathom yours?
I was not writing about the Good Ship Lollypop on the Sea of Possibilities
It was a metaphor for intercourse as a ship is a penis and the sea is the holiest of the holies aka vagina
Ask any woman what she wants when it comes to intercourse,
size is nice but motion(capability of sustaining prolonged endurance) will get her the big O
class dismissed

speaking of seas, there is a c in La Rocque

Im trying to get my friend to apply for the position but he is hesitating, any suggestions from the forumembers on how to convince him?
If he's hesitating, he's not good enough and he knows it. Stop trying to be his stage mother. I doubt you would be there to push him on the stage when it's actually time to perform and he's.. guess what: hesitating.

if your friend doesn't want to join the band, maybe he shouldn't apply

there's plenty of people who will apply who do want the job

incidentally I applied, though I don't know what more information they want

Dan

Maybe you didn't understand my post or maybe I don't fathom yours?
I was not writing about the Good Ship Lollypop on the Sea of Possibilities
It was a metaphor for intercourse as a ship is a penis and the sea is the holiest of the holies aka vagina
Ask any woman what she wants when it comes to intercourse,
size is nice but motion(capability of sustaining prolonged endurance) will get her the big O
class dismissed

I did not misunderstand. To wash away my post's metaphors as well:
What I was trying to say is that a one inch penis is not gonna help you at all even if your technique is far more advanced than that of others.

speaking of seas, there is a c in La Rocque

So you are basically saying there is a vagina IN you? How did that happen?

Page one: Nicklasson is leaving, good luck Micke, this sure is gonna hurt, I wish I could be the next bass player in DT, let's hope they find a suitable replacement in time for the taped shows, it takes more than just skill to become a successful musician in a popular band.

Page two: a cello, a kazoo, six thousand metaphors for penis.

Well, Håkansson isnt completely unknown to someone who knows the scene well... I was just wondering if someone whos more updated in the scene know of any bassplayer that would fit that recently left a band...perhaps a band that toured with DT or in the Gbg scene. Whatever. Ofcourse the chanses are slim that we would actually be right and ofcourse there are tons of people applying that we never heard of. But if above is the ground on which discussions are supposed to be held in this forum, then i dont really understand the point of a wast majority of things being posted here.

As for my friend, hes one of the absolutely best in his age in sweden on "kontrabas" and an excellent basguitarplayer as well and would def be good enough for DT. Hes hesitating because he hasnt applied for anything like this before + a lack of confidence. But i thank u for all your great answers, end of that discussion.

As for me writing that theres a lot of shit being written, i stand by that statement every inch. u could probably delete half the posts under this thread, or at least move them to another thread. Thing is that in almost every discussion, theres at least a couple of pages with some retarded introverted humor, such as the discussion under this thread about floppydonkeydick versus technique. Im prob just a boring cunt, but the few times i visit this forum, i do it only to discuss the music (songs, cds, realses, members of the band etc) but maybe thats only me....

Thing is that in almost every discussion, theres at least a couple of pages with some retarded introverted humor, such as the discussion under this thread about floppydonkeydick versus technique.

That's how some of us roll around here, no need for you to address the parts of it you don't like: stick to talking music and no one's gonna bother you.

That's why they invented electric upright basses...

Still, simply see my post as a partly missed attempt at humor.

@rahvin, Taliesin and Siren: kazoo is intense yes, but can you solo?

Amplification is not the issue, the range of the instrument is. For a metal band to work with an upright, even if electric, the guitars would have to be either lowered considerably in the mix or down tuned to at least A2.

That might work for Mortician and some other goregrind bands but not for DT. Its bad enough that the bass on DT is usually buried in the mix now if it was a full octave lower it wouldn't even be distinguishable outside of perhaps music teachers and even they would have a hard time picking the notes out of the highly distorted Guitar and distorted voice mix.

I'm guessing some local guy from a smaller band that has perhaps released a cd or two will join the band.

Amplification is not the issue, the range of the instrument is. For a metal band to work with an upright, even if electric, the guitars would have to be either lowered considerably in the mix or down tuned to at least A2.

That might work for Mortician and some other goregrind bands but not for DT. Its bad enough that the bass on DT is usually buried in the mix now if it was a full octave lower it wouldn't even be distinguishable outside of perhaps music teachers and even they would have a hard time picking the notes out of the highly distorted Guitar and distorted voice mix.

I really need to take music lessons.

What would be cool is if Martin moved back to bass and Frederick Johansson came out of retirement to play guitar again, at least for a tour. Martin was/is a really, really unbelievably sick bass player (remember Lethe?).

Not that it will, can, or should happen, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

it took me several years to realize that everyone and their best friend is called "martin" in northern europe because of martin luther. i wondered for ages why the name was so popular up north and mostly unheard of in mediterranean countries.

Michael's departure is sad but not unexpected. I really loved his contributions and stage presence, and now I will never get to see him live in person :( (i've only been a fan for a few years and couldn't go to their last concert here in Perth, Australia because it was, literally, 3 days before my 18th).

I'm sure the next bassist will be great, and I hope he brings something new and exciting to dt's sound.