Middle-Eastern Metal

Is this band worth listening to? Their name has always annoyed me.

As in.

hey brah! whatcha listening to? Darkestrah, sweet brah! Get me a Coors Lite and we can listen to the Darkestrah, together brahh!!

then you obviously have no idea what you're talking about since Darkestrah is pretty much the complete antithesis of what you just said. Darkestrah is one of the best black metal bands out there with more depth and substance than you can probably wrap your feeble brain around

I watched the documentary for this band. Cool movie, bland band.
I watched it too. Yeah, that band is pretty terrible.
There are three documentaries about the band. Which one did you guys see?

I agree about thei r music not being that great, but it's still a pretty inspirational story. Although at the studio recording session at the end of Heavy Metal in Baghdad, they do sound pretty good.

Try "BETZEFER".. great band from israel..

more good bands from israel:

Prey For Nothing
The Fading
Whorecore

I received my copy of Sphynx yesterday. This is a great CD and will be in heavy rotation in my cube for awhile.

I will suggest Mezarkabul(aka Pentagram from Turkey) to all of you.Their post-Anatolia era is completely Turkish folk music influenced.The albums you can search are named Anatolia,Bir and Unspoken.The pre-Anatolia era is Thrash Metal,if you are into Thrash Metal,then you can search them too.

KAOTEON's debut album VENI VIDI VOMUI was released through OSMOSE PRODUCTIONS on the 21st of February this year...

Check it out and let us know what you think!!!

Janaza is a one-woman black metal band from Iraq. Though the music is not that special, this lady has some serious balls.

Last edited by a moderator: