Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Someone who deserves to be shot

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

DE

vote bnp
Feb 13, 2003
Afghanistan
Well I'm a complete and utter n00b so I'll ask this ridiculous question and trhen complain when people tell me it's ridiculous and slag people off but anyway i suck blah blah blah.

Did you guess who I was yet?

Reactions: illbeleavinnow
vb_bullet.gif
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hexxan again.​

me too :(

Reactions: Lethe78
Well, i don't see what is so wrong about asking, since you'll never know unless you ask... And to a certain extent, i can understand why BTMB got so angry, although he took it way to far in the end...

Anyways... shame on you all for fighting...

Peace! :)

Harsh and unnecessary.

Well, seriously, takingthemusicback or whatever his screenname is had a legitimate (albeit stupid) question, and what does he get? A complete fuck you by the majority of the people who replied to his thread.

Come on, how bitter are some of you? It seems almost as if you were old guys in tight underwear yelling at some kids to get off your lawn.

It really sucks that there seems to be an attitude of superiority present in this board, where the "n00bs" are rarely welcome.

That guy might just be new to the music (and metal in general) and was asking a legitimate question.

It's been about 6 months since I got into metal, and I know I was a real "n00b" back then (probably still am) but I appreciated the music and gave it a chance, and now I've come to discover one of the most complex/emotional/expressive/etc genres in music. That never would've happened if I encountered assholes telling me to get off their board and whatnot. I'd hate for a so called newbie to miss his chance to discover music of such high caliber as Opeth, just cause we all like to put people down.

People like Iandork are long time members of this board, and I personally think (and know) that he knows and feels metal more than I do, so I expect people like him to be of some assistance to us that are just newbies, I don't expect harsh remarks about how long I've been into the music myself.

Read the thread again, Takingthemusicback simply asked that question in a curious and friendly manner, to which Ian responds with that bullshit.

I personally have nothing against either of them, but Ian was the asshole this time. Think what you will of me, that's my opnion.

Reactions: Lethe78
It's not the question that pissed us all off, it's the way he

• made enemies of half the forum the first time he went on it.
  • told people to fuck off when they helped him
  • ignored the answer to his question
  • blew things waaaaaay out of proportion.
I'm not accusing other new members to the board of being like him, normally new members are warmly welcomed. It's only his attitude that made everyone turn against him.

DarknessEternal said:

I'm not accusing other new members to the board of being like him, normally new members are warmly welcomed. It's only his attitude that made everyone turn against him.
Look, mate, if you read my topic again you'll see that I reacted because GOD completely insulted me which was totally uncalled for. I reacted, same as I'm sure you would, and a couple of people including you jumped to defend GOD despite the fact that he was clearly in the wrong. Now you start a post up to give me a hard time???
What kind of life do you have when thats all you've got to do with your time? At least GOD admitted he hadnt been polite or friendly in his reply to me so as far as I'm concerned we've got no problem. You on the other hand want to keep it going despite the fact it's got nothing to do with you.
Well, to answer your question, I'm an idiot. An idiot for wasting my time replying to someone like you.

Reactions: Azogue
Azogue said:
Harsh and unnecessary.

Well, seriously, takingthemusicback or whatever his screenname is had a legitimate (albeit stupid) question, and what does he get? A complete fuck you by the majority of the people who replied to his thread.

Come on, how bitter are some of you? It seems almost as if you were old guys in tight underwear yelling at some kids to get off your lawn.

It really sucks that there seems to be an attitude of superiority present in this board, where the "n00bs" are rarely welcome.

That guy might just be new to the music (and metal in general) and was asking a legitimate question.

It's been about 6 months since I got into metal, and I know I was a real "n00b" back then (probably still am) but I appreciated the music and gave it a chance, and now I've come to discover one of the most complex/emotional/expressive/etc genres in music. That never would've happened if I encountered assholes telling me to get off their board and whatnot. I'd hate for a so called newbie to miss his chance to discover music of such high caliber as Opeth, just cause we all like to put people down.

People like Iandork are long time members of this board, and I personally think (and know) that he knows and feels metal more than I do, so I expect people like him to be of some assistance to us that are just newbies, I don't expect harsh remarks about how long I've been into the music myself.

Read the thread again, Takingthemusicback simply asked that question in a curious and friendly manner, to which Ian responds with that bullshit.

I personally have nothing against either of them, but Ian was the asshole this time. Think what you will of me, that's my opnion.

Thank you. I think I reacted the same way anyone would when insulted by a complete stranger. It's nice to have someone stand up for me when so many people on the board gave me a hard time.
Cheers my friend!

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Thank you. I think I reacted the same way anyone would when insulted by a complete stranger. It's nice to have someone stand up for me when so many people on the board gave me a hard time.
Cheers my friend!

the fact that you insulted G.O.D before anyone insulted you makes me laugh wholeheartedly at your post. Keep up the good work!

DarknessEternal said:

I made enemies of about three people actually, and I think even GOD realised in the end that he'd been in the wrong with his reply to me.
I only started telling people to fuck off because they were insulting me. I'm sure if you posted and people called you a dick etc you'd be pissed off too.
I didn't ignore the answer and I dont see how you can possibly think that.
I didnt blow things out of proportion on my own did I. You and your cronies kept on insulting me so I defended myself.
Please read my whole thread again and you'll see that I only got pissed when people started giving me shit for nothing. I am a newbie to Opeth, I'm asking stupid questions so I can learn more about them - if you have a problem with that (and you obviously do) - tough shit. I'm not going anywhere.

DarknessEternal said:
the fact that you insulted G.O.D before anyone insulted you makes me laugh wholeheartedly at your post. Keep up the good work!
Why dont you go read the thread again? I reacted because someone called me a "stupid noob". I moaned about that (admittedly maybe I moaned a bit too much but hey I'm a moany bastard) then GOD said "HAhAHAha ur gay u poof jus fuk u hahahah1!!11!!1!!". Why he said that I do not know. But it was pretty insulting when I was trying to be friendly with all my previous posts.
I dont see why you have this vendetta against me, but if you want to keep it up carry on. I'll keep defending myself.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Why dont you go read the thread again? I reacted because someone called me a "stupid noob". I moaned about that (admittedly maybe I moaned a bit too much but hey I'm a moany bastard) then GOD said "HAhAHAha ur gay u poof jus fuk u hahahah1!!11!!1!!". Why he said that I do not know. But it was pretty insulting when I was trying to be friendly with all my previous posts.
I dont see why you have this vendetta against me, but if you want to keep it up carry on. I'll keep defending myself.

He's already said it was a joke.

sitinthecorner.jpg