Mikael on Brave Murder Day

The End Records Online Store (Omega) has it

one of my favorite doom metal releases of all time

and yes, Rainroom is a beautiful song

if it's not Doom metal, than please educate me...I've always been told Katatonia was a doom band especially the early material

If you like brave murder day stuff..then check out the Finnish band Rapture. Some critics have called their album “Songs for the Withering” Brave murder day 2... Don't know if that’s a compliment though o_O

Jhva Eloheim Meth (EP), For Funerals to Come (EP) and Dance of December Souls (LP)are some of the fucking DOOM albums from that band if you want the real deal. Brave murder day almost has this goth rock feel...get the previous material.

I've never seen BMD at any of the record stores here (especially at the mall)

they mostly carry Brave Yesterdays and Viva Emptiness

imho BMD was very Doomy, but most of the stuff prior to that was more Black Metal-ish.

Eveything after BMD though? Well it's getting less metal with each album, but still blooy good music:)

Brave murder day is doom metal. Doom is all about capturing a certain atmosphere, BMD perfectly embraces all of these qualities. Goth rock vibe? you are correct but it's still doom metal.

mikael sings incredible on this release (and early opeth releases) the vocals on day and (i'm not sure about this) whispers on BMD was done by Jonas Renkse

everyone check out rapture, amazing band