Brave Murder Day

Sengir*Buendia

Baron of Macondo
:confused: :confused: Why people here speak so little about Brave Murder Day? I haven't listened the whole album (yet), but i heard some samples and it sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Mikael is in his perfect mood, and I could even hear some clean vocals!! Obviously the style isn't Opethian at all, but it's divine nevertheless. Could anyone more experienced with the album give your impressions about BMD?

(For those who didn't catch it, if there's anyone... Mikael Akerfeldt sang for Katatonia in their album Brave Murder Day) Duh, sounds so stupid saying this...:D :D

yeah, it's not opeth-y at all, and mikael manages to make very dirge-y, nondynamic growls.... which is just perfect for that album.

he really is a genius.

there was another ep he did vocals on, methinks. it rhymes with 'day' i think, but i can't think of it right now, nor can i get up to check because my cat is on my lap.

Originally posted by saturnix
there was another ep he did vocals on, methinks. it rhymes with 'day' i think, but i can't think of it right now, nor can i get up to check because my cat is on my lap.

sounds of decay, it's quite a nice ep

Originally posted by saturnix
there was another ep he did vocals on, methinks
It's called 'Sounds of decay', and is awesome!

BMD is one of my favourite albums, it's completely amazing. Awesome atmosphere, they way they mesmerise you with one riff for ages, then drop in a new riff even more beautiful than the one before it. Not a weak track on it.

[edit] :mad: Dirge beat me to it :mad: :lol:

what i can say about this lp... as every Katatonia`s album it`s wonderful it was the first i`ve heard and even now it`s one of my favourites
what do you think about the rest albums of Katatonia? especially the newest do you like them or do you think their music became worse?

fenrir-I like Katatonia quite a lot. Evrything post BMD is amazing, I think Tonight's Decision is my fave. I am also very fond of the songs Quiet World and Scarlet Heavens from the Saw You Drown ep.