Mikael on Brave Murder Day

esoteric, older katatonia, my dying bride, solitude aeturnus.....all are considered doom, but none sound very much alike....

thus: Brave Murder Day is doom "pal"...even though it doesnt fit into your little box of what doom is supposed to sound like.

i wouldnt call anything later than brave murder day doom though...for the record.

and rapture isnt that good...very overrated in my opinion.

listen to evoken instead. ;)

Listen to something like Candlemass. A lot of their songs differ from what many people seem to think of as doom metal, and they're pretty fucking doom metal. The genre to me seems more about feeling than execution. I'm also checking out every unknown band mentioned in this thread, because it is a matter of national security that I have more doom.

Hondo said:
Listen to something like Candlemass. A lot of their songs differ from what many people seem to think of as doom metal, and they're pretty fucking doom metal. The genre to me seems more about feeling than execution. I'm also checking out every unknown band mentioned in this thread, because it is a matter of national security that I have more doom.

-I- CANDLEMASS -I-

best doom ever <3

could someone maybe make a list of some good "doom" metal bands then? a nice organized list of doom metal and/or doom related bands...i'd like to have a listen to some of them...i'm not doing this so people can disagree and cry about how one band isnt even close to doom...if u think it is please put it so i can checkem out...thanks...message me on aim if u wanna chat about it xxglycxx