Mikael please read...new CD!

a 60-minute song would be awesome, because it could have different tracks, they'd just have bridges in between different songs. plus, 10 minutes is usually a stretch for most bands, and Opeth can make 10 minutes go by like 10 seconds because you're so lost in their songs. two 30-minute songs wouldn't be bad though.

personally, i wouldn't mind if they released a live DVD :D

They don't have any greatest hits. Their albums are made of strong, standout songs, with a weaker one here and there, rather than the other way around. There's no need for such a thing anyway. Greatest hits albums only seem right if the bandleader died or they broke up or have 20 albums in their catalog.

It WOULD be pretty cool if they threw a rerecorded old song on as a bonus track or something. Or did some more metal covers.

opethpainter said:
sfarog, you're sooooooooooooooooo right...

please, no re-recordings, or greatest hits... please...

Well i thought about it and came to the conclusion that the greatest hits wouldnt be such a great idea but i still stick with my idea for re-recordings just so we can hear the songs with more quality!

InFlames235 said:
Well i thought about it and came to the conclusion that the greatest hits wouldnt be such a great idea but i still stick with my idea for re-recordings just so we can hear the songs with more quality!

Get a good soundsystem if you want to hear them with better quality. Unless it was like a one track thing I think it'd be a waste of Opeth's time. Wouldn't you rather have them relax for a while and then work on all new stuff?

And it's not exactly your idea to re-record older songs, it's been brought up here before. :loco:

all i have to say is...LIVE DVD...2 DVD SET OF BEHIND THE SCENE AND BACKSTAGE BEFORE CONCERTS AND AFTER....THEM PLAYING SONGS FROM CONCERTS AND MAYBE SOME STUDIO RECORDIINGS...IF THEY MADE THAT I WOULD JIZZ MY PANTS AND DIE..AFTER I WATCHED IT ABOUT A CAJILLION TIMES OF COURSE!!!!

What a stupid idea........first of all their recordings were never as bad as they would have to rerecord them.......besides why should you buy a CD with songs you already have.....releasing a best of CD would be the worst thing opeth could do.....perhaps they get out of money while their break and then release it :Smug: ............they should better relax after their long tours and collect new ideas to release a totally new album than rerecording their old stuff

But a Live DVD would be killer ! One show frim the Deliverance, one from the Damnation tour and then a lot of backstage material.......sounds like heaven

Ok...Opeth isnt the kind of band to ever put out a greatest hits record because of the fact they are indeed not mainstream...they cannot do this....i think Opeth would break up before doing something as audacious as that...Rerecording a record is incredibly stupid...why would anyone do that in the first place? An "EP" of sorts with unreleased and/or demo stuff would be kind of cool but im not expecting such a thing to come from them...

3. TAKE SOME TIME OFF, like a year or so... relax... listen to some music... go back to the streets... work in that record show of yours... i dunno... just DONT RUSH anything
Precisely!! Opeth needs time off...they are probably tired as all hell and just trying to get this tour over before they drop! They do need to go about their own lives before they do anything else...that is important to sanity!

A live DVD of Opeth's shows would be a cool idea...would they do this? who knows, but i agree that that isnt a bad idea at all!

Ugh, it'd be like that horrid Pink Floyd Best of, breaking up the albums like that, it would make my ears bleed. But a Live DVD is an excellent idea, just get some other cunts to do it, while they take some time off and write some new shit...

InFlames235 said:

dude, i believe that there is no way that Opeth could re-record morningrise or orchid for that matter. Those albums require that rawness to them. They are perfect (especially morningrise) the way they are. I would not buy a re-recorded version.

Morningrise as it is, is already my most treasured possession. Out of all the ideas in this thread the Live DVD in professional quality would be something I would be supporting.

Mike once said hes not interested in Live albums, but a live DVD is a possibility. I say go for that. The other positive thing is, that I seem to aggree with whatever choices Mike makes, so I know he wouldn't go for all that "re-recording or "best of.." crap. I can sleep easy knowing my favorite band is keeping its status in my eyes.

sf.

Sfarog said:
dude, i believe that there is no way that Opeth could re-record morningrise or orchid for that matter. Those albums require that rawness to them. They are perfect (especially morningrise) the way they are. I would not buy a re-recorded version.

Morningrise as it is, is already my most treasured possession. Out of all the ideas in this thread the Live DVD in professional quality would be something I would be supporting.

Mike once said hes not interested in Live albums, but a live DVD is a possibility. I say go for that. The other positive thing is, that I seem to aggree with whatever choices Mike makes, so I know he wouldn't go for all that "re-recording or "best of.." crap. I can sleep easy knowing my favorite band is keeping its status in my eyes.

sf.

Yea now that i've read all your responses I do think that a live DVD would be a lot better than re-recording morningrise or orchid :Spin: